USU football: Aggies focus on special teams during the ninth practice of fall camp Wednesday
Tom Smart, Deseret News
Utah State football focused in on special teams during its ninth practice of fall camp as second-year head coach Matt Wells ran his team through a 60-minute practice on Merlin Olsen Field at Romney Stadium on Wednesday afternoon.
“We really concentrated on special teams today, along with some situational stuff with the offense and defense,” Wells said. “I really liked how they came back from last night’s scrimmage. We moved around well today with the intent of getting ready for tomorrow’s two practices.”
Utah State, which is in its second week of fall camp, will hold its second two-a-day Thursday, practicing from 9:15-11:15 a.m., and again from 4:55-6:25 p.m., both on the practice fields. USU will then practice Friday from 2:15-4:15 p.m., and end its second week of fall camp with its second scrimmage as part of the Football Family Fun Day on Saturday, Aug. 16 at 6 p.m.
Utah State opens the 2014 season Sunday, Aug. 31, at Tennessee and plays its first home game the following weekend against Idaho State on Saturday, Sept. 6 at 6 p.m. USU's first Mountain West game will be at home against Air Force on Saturday, Oct. 11, and the Aggies conclude the regular season at MW foe Boise State on Saturday, Nov. 29. The Mountain West Championship game will be held Saturday, Dec. 6, at the home stadium of the divisional champion with the highest College Football Playoff Committee ranking.
All practices during fall camp, which concludes Saturday, Aug. 23, are open to the public.
Doug Hoffman is the associate athletic director for Utah State University Athletic Media Relations.
- Blame game follows NBA's removal of Charlotte...
- Froome keeps lead intact, set to secure 3rd...
- Ready or Not: Rio Olympics open doors at...
- 20 years ago: Palacios defends marathon title
- IOC leaders stop short of complete ban on...
- Aussies won't move to Rio village yet; power,...
- Ken Griffey Jr. and Mike Piazza inducted into...
- 'Vive la France': Chris Froome makes...
- BYU football: Certain games on the... 105
- Big 12 watch: BYU praised for 'excited'... 54
- Morning links: Utah Jazz on the rise;... 36
- Former BYU QB Max Hall confronts... 30
- Doug Robinson: It's still Hill's time... 28
- Former BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall says... 22
- Morning links: BYU's Emery called one... 15
- Blame game follows NBA's removal of... 10