USU football: Aggies focus on special teams during the ninth practice of fall camp Wednesday
Tom Smart, Deseret News
Utah State football focused in on special teams during its ninth practice of fall camp as second-year head coach Matt Wells ran his team through a 60-minute practice on Merlin Olsen Field at Romney Stadium on Wednesday afternoon.
“We really concentrated on special teams today, along with some situational stuff with the offense and defense,” Wells said. “I really liked how they came back from last night’s scrimmage. We moved around well today with the intent of getting ready for tomorrow’s two practices.”
Utah State, which is in its second week of fall camp, will hold its second two-a-day Thursday, practicing from 9:15-11:15 a.m., and again from 4:55-6:25 p.m., both on the practice fields. USU will then practice Friday from 2:15-4:15 p.m., and end its second week of fall camp with its second scrimmage as part of the Football Family Fun Day on Saturday, Aug. 16 at 6 p.m.
Utah State opens the 2014 season Sunday, Aug. 31, at Tennessee and plays its first home game the following weekend against Idaho State on Saturday, Sept. 6 at 6 p.m. USU's first Mountain West game will be at home against Air Force on Saturday, Oct. 11, and the Aggies conclude the regular season at MW foe Boise State on Saturday, Nov. 29. The Mountain West Championship game will be held Saturday, Dec. 6, at the home stadium of the divisional champion with the highest College Football Playoff Committee ranking.
All practices during fall camp, which concludes Saturday, Aug. 23, are open to the public.
Doug Hoffman is the associate athletic director for Utah State University Athletic Media Relations.
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 39
- Utes went down swinging in Sweet 16... 35
- Morning links: Utah running back's goal... 30
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 25
- Dick Harmon: BYU's spring football... 23
- Badger looking to become part of BYU's... 22
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional... 21
- AP All-Americans: Utah's Wright named... 20