SALT LAKE CITY — The Utah Senate Judicial Confirmation Committee is seeking public comment on Judge Kate Toomey, who has been appointed by Gov. Gary Herbert to fill a vacancy on the Utah Court of Appeals.
Those who desire to comment should contact Mike Christensen at the Office of Legislative Research and General Counsel, Utah State Capitol, House Building, Suite W210, Salt Lake City, UT 84114-5210, by 5 p.m. on Friday, Aug. 22. All statements should include the respondent's name, telephone number, and mailing address.
The committee will hold a public hearing and make a recommendation to the full Senate prior to the final confirmation vote.
If confirmed by the Senate, Toomey will fill the vacancy created by the resignation of Judge B. Carolyn McHugh, who was confirmed in March to serve on the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 10th Circuit.
- Family mourns death of father in freak TRAX...
- Woman dies, husband critically injured in...
- Layton man attempts to duct tape, rape woman,...
- Teenager arrested in killing of Wayne County man
- Family fight ends in death; teenager arrested
- Police: Woman stabbed mother, attacked...
- 2 Salt Lake residents find, deliver explosive...
- Woman said she felt protected in ordeal that...
- Is convicted killer innocent? Group... 24
- Woman dies, husband critically injured... 11
- Woman sues Holiday Oil for falsely... 6
- Homeowner accused in triple homicide... 4
- Businesses, owners charged with... 4
- Family mourns death of father in freak... 3
- Vernal man, 79, charged with sex abuse... 2
- Unified police officer sentenced to... 2