SALT LAKE CITY — The Utah Senate Judicial Confirmation Committee is seeking public comment on Judge Kate Toomey, who has been appointed by Gov. Gary Herbert to fill a vacancy on the Utah Court of Appeals.
Those who desire to comment should contact Mike Christensen at the Office of Legislative Research and General Counsel, Utah State Capitol, House Building, Suite W210, Salt Lake City, UT 84114-5210, by 5 p.m. on Friday, Aug. 22. All statements should include the respondent's name, telephone number, and mailing address.
The committee will hold a public hearing and make a recommendation to the full Senate prior to the final confirmation vote.
If confirmed by the Senate, Toomey will fill the vacancy created by the resignation of Judge B. Carolyn McHugh, who was confirmed in March to serve on the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 10th Circuit.
- Should Meagan Grunwald get life without parole?
- Man saves 8-year-old sister-in-law from...
- Kaysville police making themselves at home in...
- Four hospitalized after Lehi house deck...
- Elderly woman suffers burn during fireworks show
- Building inspectors to examine collapsed deck...
- Nation's renewable energy consumption highest...
- Are 'calm' South Jordan burglars tied to...
- U. cornerback Hatfield arrested for... 103
- Former Provo High teacher pleads guilty... 24
- Nation's renewable energy consumption... 9
- Barricaded man considered shooting... 7
- Elderly man hit, killed while changing... 6
- 'It's San Diego vs. everyone else' in... 5
- North Salt Lake homeowners deny... 4
- Should Meagan Grunwald get life without... 4