Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Sen. Mike Lee, R-Utah, has announced five town hall meetings to be held in August throughout the state. Meetings will take place in Cache, Davis, Salt Lake, Sanpete and Washington counties.
The senator says he plans to listen to concerns and questions from Utahns.
Dates, times and locations are as follows:
• Cache County: Tuesday, Aug. 19, 7-8:30 p.m.; Mount Logan Middle School, 875 N. 200 East, Logan
• Salt Lake County: Thursday, Aug. 21, 7-8:30 p.m.; Summit Academy auditorium, 1225 E. 13200 South, Draper
• Sanpete County: Wednesday, Aug. 27, 7-8:30 p.m.; Snow College Noyes Building, Founders Hall, 150 E. College Ave., Ephraim
• Washington County: Thursday, Aug. 28, 7-8:30 p.m.; Dixie State University Gardner Center Ballroom, 225 S. 700 East, St. George
• Lee also plans on holding a town hall meeting that will focus on the military and veteran communities in Utah. That meeting will happen in Layton at the Ed Kenley Centennial Amphitheater, Tuesday, Aug. 26, 7-8:30 p.m.
- One year later: Slow movement on slide repairs
- Prison inmates start hunger strike, demand...
- Stolen Dodge Charger no match for Hurricane...
- Teen girl killed in Millard County crash
- Recreation, crowds and challenges: What's...
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts in...
- Salt Lake County cities, school districts...
- What went right: How one Orem family turned...
- IRS commits to not target tax-exempt... 48
- Jury orders Siegfried and Jensen to pay... 37
- Prison inmates start hunger strike,... 34
- Salt Lake County cities, school... 16
- Teens arrested, rancher cleared after... 12
- Salt Lake police looking for horses,... 10
- Survey: Utah residents want crops, not... 10
- National report shows high overall... 9