BYU swim: Cougars competed among nation's best at the USA National Championships
IRVINE, Calif. — Hayden Palmer, Jake Taylor and Chad Sorensen competed at the USA National Championships on Aug. 6-11, in Irvine, California, at the William Woollett, Jr. Aquatics Center.
The Cougar swimmers competed against a star-studded field, including Olympic gold medalists Michael Phelps, Ryan Lochte, Tyler Clary, Nathan Adrian and Matt Grevers.
“We were hoping for higher places in the events we swam in,” head coach John Brooks said. “But all in all it is a positive to have several BYU athletes competing at nationals and being able to represent BYU on a national stage.”
All three swimmers recorded top-50 times in their events and gained valuable experience competing against some of the best swimmers the United States has to offer.
The swim season is just over a month away with the annual alumni meet happening Friday, Sept. 19, at the Richards Building Pool in Provo. To view the complete schedule, go to the BYU swim and dive schedule page.
Zach Brady is a student at BYU and current BYU swimming & diving SID. TWITTER: @Zachbrady7 EMAIL: Zachbrady7@gmail.com.
- BYU shocks No. 3 Gonzaga 73-70
- 20 questions: How well do you know Tyler...
- Utes come up short in Pac-12 battle with Arizona
- Skyler Halford helps key BYU's late-season...
- Layton steps up big late to secure a 48-46...
- 16 Mormon pop culture moments from 2014-15
- High school boys basketball: Pine View wins...
- High school boys basketball: Manti stuns...
- Peavler: BYU and Utah would both be... 92
- Holmoe talks about bowl brawl... 84
- BYU shocks No. 3 Gonzaga 73-70 79
- Dick Harmon: Holmoe's outward interest... 63
- Utes bounce back, blast Sun Devils 50
- Utes come up short in Pac-12 battle... 50
- Morning links: Utah coaching job... 30
- Morning links: Examining BYU's at-large... 29