Ex A.G. John Swallow fundraising host faces federal indictment
SALT LAKE CITY — A convicted felon who hosted a fundraiser for former Attorney General John Swallow faces a federal criminal charge for witness tampering.
Robert William Montgomery, 35, his brothers Michael C. Montgomery, 30, and JD Montgomery, 28, and Jeremy R. Ertmann, 36, were charged in an indictment with beating "A.T.H." with the intent to influence or prevent his or her testimony in an official proceeding.
The indictment doesn't provide any details about the case.
The four men, all of Salt Lake City, pleaded not guilty Tuesday in U.S. District Court. A five-day trial was set for Oct. 20 before Judge Robert J. Shelby. The men are scheduled to appear at detention hearings Thursday.
Robert Montgomery, owner of Emmediate Credit Solutions, held a fundraiser for Swallow's attorney general campaign at Mimi's Cafe in Murray in April 2012. Attendees included those who work in the online business opportunities industry.
In 2004, a federal judge sentenced Montgomery to prison for being a felon in possession of a firearm. He was released in 2007. Montgomery was convicted of manufacture of unlawful telecommunications device, a third-degree felony, in state court in 2000.
According to his LinkedIn profile, Montgomery considers himself a "very aggressive entrepreneur with a very colorful background." He also ran a company called Concepts Execution. He got his start in the industry as a sales manager at the Internet marketing company iWorks.
IWorks founder Jeremy Johnson faces federal criminal and civil charges for allegedly defrauding online customers of more than $275 million.
- Lehi toddler killed in accident remembered as...
- Preparing to split up, LDS General Primary...
- A river runs dry: Water and the future of...
- Cyclist killed on training run after...
- Photo gallery: Holi festival immerses Utahns...
- Utah taxpayers will pay millions more in wake...
- American Fork cyclist killed during training...
- Boy, 3, killed in Lehi scooter accident
- President Obama to make first trip to... 111
- BYU student claims he was evicted after... 57
- Utah taxpayers will pay millions more... 41
- Sen. Harry Reid's retirement recalls... 40
- Cyclist killed on training run after... 23
- School leaders look for solutions to... 20
- A river runs dry: Water and the future... 15
- Man who crashed truck into house... 12