Ex A.G. John Swallow fundraising host faces federal indictment
SALT LAKE CITY — A convicted felon who hosted a fundraiser for former Attorney General John Swallow faces a federal criminal charge for witness tampering.
Robert William Montgomery, 35, his brothers Michael C. Montgomery, 30, and JD Montgomery, 28, and Jeremy R. Ertmann, 36, were charged in an indictment with beating "A.T.H." with the intent to influence or prevent his or her testimony in an official proceeding.
The indictment doesn't provide any details about the case.
The four men, all of Salt Lake City, pleaded not guilty Tuesday in U.S. District Court. A five-day trial was set for Oct. 20 before Judge Robert J. Shelby. The men are scheduled to appear at detention hearings Thursday.
Robert Montgomery, owner of Emmediate Credit Solutions, held a fundraiser for Swallow's attorney general campaign at Mimi's Cafe in Murray in April 2012. Attendees included those who work in the online business opportunities industry.
In 2004, a federal judge sentenced Montgomery to prison for being a felon in possession of a firearm. He was released in 2007. Montgomery was convicted of manufacture of unlawful telecommunications device, a third-degree felony, in state court in 2000.
According to his LinkedIn profile, Montgomery considers himself a "very aggressive entrepreneur with a very colorful background." He also ran a company called Concepts Execution. He got his start in the industry as a sales manager at the Internet marketing company iWorks.
IWorks founder Jeremy Johnson faces federal criminal and civil charges for allegedly defrauding online customers of more than $275 million.
- Watch: LDS Church news conference about...
- LDS leaders reemphasize protection of...
- Fear of pending apocalypse led to...
- Attorneys want BYU track team testimony...
- LDS statement could move Utah...
- LDS apostle Elder David A. Bednar offers...
- Man accused in BYU gropings accepts diversion...
- 'I feel like I do deserve to be here,' Dea...
- LDS leaders reemphasize protection of... 128
- Lawmakers looking to pump up gas tax... 60
- Sen. Mike Lee urges conservative... 35
- Watch: LDS Church news conference about... 33
- Are you willing to pay more for your... 25
- Concealed permit holder stopped armed... 24
- Darrien Hunt's mother pleads not guilty... 20
- Utah residents rank air pollution as... 19