Utah Grizzlies: second leading scorer Danick Paquette re-signs with Grizzlies
Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
Utah Grizzlies head coach and General Manager Tim Branham announced Tuesday that the team has signed forward Danick Paquette for the 2014-2015 season.
Paquette returns to the Grizzlies after he was the team’s second leading scorer in 2013-2014, with 23 goals and 26 assists for 49 points in 67 games. He led the ECHL with 277 penalty minutes and served as an assistant captain for the team this past season.
“Danick had a great season for us last year and we are happy to have him back,” Branham said. “He brings a lot to our team and our fans.”
The 24-year-old player scored 16 of his 23 goals in the second half of the season last year, and the Grizzlies were 17-3 when he scored a goal. He led the Grizzlies in goals at home with a team leading 13 goals at Maverik Center in 2013-2014. The season was Paquette’s second stint with the Grizzlies after playing nine games with the team in 2011-2012.
He had a season-high seven-game scoring streak with seven goals and four assists during a 6-1 Utah stretch from March 1-22. The Montreal, Quebec native was drafted by Atlanta in the third round of the 2008 NHL Entry Draft.
In addition, Paquette led the team with six game-winning goals in 2013-2014 and also topped the team by scoring its first goal in a game six times.
At the conclusion of his fourth pro season, he was voted by his teammates as the team’s 2013-2014 Trash Talker. He was acquired from San Francisco on the first day of training camp in October of 2013.
The Grizzlies open the 2014-2015 regular season at Maverik Center against the Idaho Steelheads on Friday, Oct. 17 at 7 p.m.
Ticket packages for the 2014-2015 season are on sale now and start at $29. Call (801) 988-8000 or visit the Utah Grizzlies website for more information.
- 20 years ago: Utah Jazz drop heartbreaker to...
- While Djokovic, Williams wait, Wawrinka gets...
- Risks in climbing Everest in focus as 3 die,...
- Live streams: 4A & 5A baseball tournament...
- LSU's live tiger mascot diagnosed with rare...
- Olympic gold-medal sailor tells of gunpoint...
- A look at Day 2 at French Open
- Lowry, DeRozan lead Raptors to 105-99 win...
- ESPN's Jake Trotter says it's 'Big 12... 145
- Morning links: Broncos like Devontae... 67
- Brad Rock: BYU-Utah hoops are back... 48
- Rivalry renewed: BYU, Utah agree to a... 46
- Brad Rock: This is the Big 12 —of... 40
- Morning links: BYU shirt summits Mt.... 37
- Video: 100 days until college football... 27
- Why can't we be friends? BYU-Utah fans... 27