Ravell Call, Deseret News
AUG. 12: The Utes held their first camp scrimmage at Rice-Eccles Stadium.
Standout performers: Safety Tevin Carter recovered a fumble and returned it 99 yards for a touchdown. Marcus Williams had two tackles-for-loss. Hunter Dimick and Jason Fanaika registered sacks. Christian Drews had a fumble recovery.
Offensively, Travis Wilson threw touchdown passes to Dres Anderson (25 yards) and Delshawn McClellon (13 yards). Kendal Thompson (15 yards) and Devontae Booker (1 yard) had touchdown runs. Jon Halliday made two field goals (41, 27 yards).
Quotable: “It was give-and-take but mostly give by the offense and take by the defense today.” — Kyle Whittingham
Injuries: Whittngham said the Utes got out of the scrimmage without any major injuries, just some “bumps and bruises.”
Next up: The Utes have a double day scheduled for Wednesday.
This glance accompanies related stories and is not a comprehensive practice report.
- Blame game follows NBA's removal of Charlotte...
- Froome keeps lead intact, set to secure 3rd...
- Ready or Not: Rio Olympics open doors at...
- 20 years ago: Palacios defends marathon title
- IOC leaders stop short of complete ban on...
- Aussies won't move to Rio village yet; power,...
- Ken Griffey Jr. and Mike Piazza inducted into...
- 'Vive la France': Chris Froome makes...
- BYU football: Certain games on the... 104
- Big 12 watch: BYU praised for 'excited'... 45
- Morning links: Utah Jazz on the rise;... 36
- Former BYU QB Max Hall confronts... 30
- Former BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall says... 21
- Doug Robinson: It's still Hill's time... 15
- Blame game follows NBA's removal of... 8
- Former BYU guard Cory Calvert to... 7