Ravell Call, Deseret News
AUG. 12: The Utes held their first camp scrimmage at Rice-Eccles Stadium.
Standout performers: Safety Tevin Carter recovered a fumble and returned it 99 yards for a touchdown. Marcus Williams had two tackles-for-loss. Hunter Dimick and Jason Fanaika registered sacks. Christian Drews had a fumble recovery.
Offensively, Travis Wilson threw touchdown passes to Dres Anderson (25 yards) and Delshawn McClellon (13 yards). Kendal Thompson (15 yards) and Devontae Booker (1 yard) had touchdown runs. Jon Halliday made two field goals (41, 27 yards).
Quotable: “It was give-and-take but mostly give by the offense and take by the defense today.” — Kyle Whittingham
Injuries: Whittngham said the Utes got out of the scrimmage without any major injuries, just some “bumps and bruises.”
Next up: The Utes have a double day scheduled for Wednesday.
This glance accompanies related stories and is not a comprehensive practice report.
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 123
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 39
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 34
- Utes went down swinging in Sweet 16... 34
- Morning links: Utah running back's goal... 28
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 25
- Dick Harmon: BYU's spring football... 23
- Badger looking to become part of BYU's... 22