Ravell Call, Deseret News
AUG. 12: The Utes held their first camp scrimmage at Rice-Eccles Stadium.
Standout performers: Safety Tevin Carter recovered a fumble and returned it 99 yards for a touchdown. Marcus Williams had two tackles-for-loss. Hunter Dimick and Jason Fanaika registered sacks. Christian Drews had a fumble recovery.
Offensively, Travis Wilson threw touchdown passes to Dres Anderson (25 yards) and Delshawn McClellon (13 yards). Kendal Thompson (15 yards) and Devontae Booker (1 yard) had touchdown runs. Jon Halliday made two field goals (41, 27 yards).
Quotable: “It was give-and-take but mostly give by the offense and take by the defense today.” — Kyle Whittingham
Injuries: Whittngham said the Utes got out of the scrimmage without any major injuries, just some “bumps and bruises.”
Next up: The Utes have a double day scheduled for Wednesday.
This glance accompanies related stories and is not a comprehensive practice report.
- The 1996 NBA Draft redone: How did the Jazz...
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into fall camp
- Dick Harmon: Hanging with legacy players of...
- 5 things to watch for as BYU, Utah and USU...
- 5 things Utah football needs for coming season
- Brad Rock: Hill, Keeton, Booker not the best...
- Randy Hollis: Utah's Perrins is one of the...
- High school football: Hunter Wolverines 2015...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion talk... 111
- Ute football team picked to finish 5th... 54
- Morning links: BYU, Utah and Utah State... 44
- 4-star basketball recruit Connor... 32
- Whittingham dishes on stadium... 27
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into... 27
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule... 21
- Morning links: Devontae Booker to be... 20