Ravell Call, Deseret News
AUG. 12: The Utes held their first camp scrimmage at Rice-Eccles Stadium.
Standout performers: Safety Tevin Carter recovered a fumble and returned it 99 yards for a touchdown. Marcus Williams had two tackles-for-loss. Hunter Dimick and Jason Fanaika registered sacks. Christian Drews had a fumble recovery.
Offensively, Travis Wilson threw touchdown passes to Dres Anderson (25 yards) and Delshawn McClellon (13 yards). Kendal Thompson (15 yards) and Devontae Booker (1 yard) had touchdown runs. Jon Halliday made two field goals (41, 27 yards).
Quotable: “It was give-and-take but mostly give by the offense and take by the defense today.” — Kyle Whittingham
Injuries: Whittngham said the Utes got out of the scrimmage without any major injuries, just some “bumps and bruises.”
Next up: The Utes have a double day scheduled for Wednesday.
This glance accompanies related stories and is not a comprehensive practice report.
- Hamson and Gray step up big to get BYU past...
- Jimmer & Jimbo: As one pursues a steady role,...
- Lone Peak guard Frank Jackson drops...
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in the...
- BYU focusing on bowl game while players'...
- Stewart has brought back an identity —...
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah State
- Brad Rock: Utah's Kaelin Clay shows the way...
- 4-star offensive line commit Kieffer... 68
- BYU has something to prove, looking to... 61
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with... 55
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah... 51
- Hamson and Gray step up big to get BYU... 40
- BYU sells close to 2,000 tickets for... 39
- Ute football team has boots on the... 33
- Dick Harmon: BYU guard Tyler Haws the... 31