Ravell Call, Deseret News
AUG. 12: The Utes held their first camp scrimmage at Rice-Eccles Stadium.
Standout performers: Safety Tevin Carter recovered a fumble and returned it 99 yards for a touchdown. Marcus Williams had two tackles-for-loss. Hunter Dimick and Jason Fanaika registered sacks. Christian Drews had a fumble recovery.
Offensively, Travis Wilson threw touchdown passes to Dres Anderson (25 yards) and Delshawn McClellon (13 yards). Kendal Thompson (15 yards) and Devontae Booker (1 yard) had touchdown runs. Jon Halliday made two field goals (41, 27 yards).
Quotable: “It was give-and-take but mostly give by the offense and take by the defense today.” — Kyle Whittingham
Injuries: Whittngham said the Utes got out of the scrimmage without any major injuries, just some “bumps and bruises.”
Next up: The Utes have a double day scheduled for Wednesday.
This glance accompanies related stories and is not a comprehensive practice report.
- Utah's first family of boxing loses one of...
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football winner...
- BYU basketball guard Anson Winder and...
- Morning links: Utes land a local commitment...
- Dick Harmon: BYU basketball must make...
- Utah Jazz forward Gordon Hayward gets a...
- Guest commentary: Hey, BYU basketball, slow down
- Believe it or not: QB Travis Wilson is set to...
- Peavler: Can BYU football rise up to... 67
- Tyler Haws vows BYU will turn it around... 38
- San Diego hands BYU its second straight... 37
- Dick Harmon: BYU basketball must make... 32
- Guest commentary: Hey, BYU basketball,... 29
- Morning links: Utes land a local... 29
- Dick Harmon: Texas speedster Charles... 28
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 25