CLINTON — Fire officials are investigating two fires in Clinton that they believe were set intentionally that caused about $75,000 in damage.
About 3:20 p.m. Monday, firefighters responded to a fire on the playground at West Clinton Elementary, 2826 W. 1800 North. Upon arriving, the jungle gym on the playground was "fully involved" in flames. Firefighters were able to suppress the blaze quickly, according to Clinton Fire Chief David Olsen.
Around the same time, fire crews dealt with a fire in a bathroom at a baseball diamond near the school. The two are believed to be connected, and both were incendiary in nature, according to Olsen.
"At this point, it's very suspicious," he said. "It's still under investigation."
Olsen said there were several witnesses and some video footage that will be used in the investigation.
Anyone with information on either of the two fires was asked to contact the Clinton Fire Department at 801-614-0840.
— Morgan Jacobsen
- Body cam video helps D.A. clear officer in...
- Relatives of Springville family 'shocked and...
- Mother and son charged in drive-by shooting...
- Salt Lake County lands on Top 10 list of...
- Group wants all to pay 'true' price for...
- New poll shows more support for Sen. Mike Lee
- Utah family into film, acting, directing and...
- Police probing what caused deaths of...
- Students rally for beard 'revolution'... 87
- Utah gay marriage case first in line at... 57
- Body cam video helps D.A. clear officer... 43
- Utah in wait-and-see mode on same-sex... 41
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking... 39
- Coast-to-coast horseback ride against... 31
- Granite School District reaches... 22
- New poll shows more support for Sen.... 20