CLINTON — Fire officials are investigating two fires in Clinton that they believe were set intentionally that caused about $75,000 in damage.
About 3:20 p.m. Monday, firefighters responded to a fire on the playground at West Clinton Elementary, 2826 W. 1800 North. Upon arriving, the jungle gym on the playground was "fully involved" in flames. Firefighters were able to suppress the blaze quickly, according to Clinton Fire Chief David Olsen.
Around the same time, fire crews dealt with a fire in a bathroom at a baseball diamond near the school. The two are believed to be connected, and both were incendiary in nature, according to Olsen.
"At this point, it's very suspicious," he said. "It's still under investigation."
Olsen said there were several witnesses and some video footage that will be used in the investigation.
Anyone with information on either of the two fires was asked to contact the Clinton Fire Department at 801-614-0840.
— Morgan Jacobsen
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 39
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 34
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- Rep. Love hosts poverty discussion with... 18
- History-making transgender U.S. Senate... 14
- How the tech industry grew a rural Utah... 13