CLINTON — Fire officials are investigating two fires in Clinton that they believe were set intentionally that caused about $75,000 in damage.
About 3:20 p.m. Monday, firefighters responded to a fire on the playground at West Clinton Elementary, 2826 W. 1800 North. Upon arriving, the jungle gym on the playground was "fully involved" in flames. Firefighters were able to suppress the blaze quickly, according to Clinton Fire Chief David Olsen.
Around the same time, fire crews dealt with a fire in a bathroom at a baseball diamond near the school. The two are believed to be connected, and both were incendiary in nature, according to Olsen.
"At this point, it's very suspicious," he said. "It's still under investigation."
Olsen said there were several witnesses and some video footage that will be used in the investigation.
Anyone with information on either of the two fires was asked to contact the Clinton Fire Department at 801-614-0840.
— Morgan Jacobsen
- 3 children, Ogden doctor die after boat...
- Elder Perry's 'wildfire' cancer shocked...
- Street sweeper driver killed in Uintah County...
- Families protest at final prison relocation...
- Lawmaker says 'political will' is to move...
- Utah defends anti-polygamy law, saying it...
- Police identify man found dead near Jordan River
- Driver who killed teen while using phone asks...
- Koch brothers group launches campaign... 54
- Families protest at final prison... 41
- Census report: Utah still last in... 24
- Elder L. Tom Perry — an... 22
- 3 children, Ogden doctor die after boat... 21
- Jammed highway lights fire under Arches... 19
- Lawmaker says 'political will' is to... 19
- Elder Perry's 'wildfire' cancer shocked... 18