CLINTON — Fire officials are investigating two fires in Clinton that they believe were set intentionally that caused about $75,000 in damage.
About 3:20 p.m. Monday, firefighters responded to a fire on the playground at West Clinton Elementary, 2826 W. 1800 North. Upon arriving, the jungle gym on the playground was "fully involved" in flames. Firefighters were able to suppress the blaze quickly, according to Clinton Fire Chief David Olsen.
Around the same time, fire crews dealt with a fire in a bathroom at a baseball diamond near the school. The two are believed to be connected, and both were incendiary in nature, according to Olsen.
"At this point, it's very suspicious," he said. "It's still under investigation."
Olsen said there were several witnesses and some video footage that will be used in the investigation.
Anyone with information on either of the two fires was asked to contact the Clinton Fire Department at 801-614-0840.
— Morgan Jacobsen
- Scam targets families of LDS missionaries
- LDS missionary Mason Wells returns home 37...
- Smithfield man stabbed father to death after...
- Chaffetz attorney calls FEC complaint claims...
- Families need to know of dying decision to...
- Brewvies wants judge to stop DABC from...
- 7 crazy-awesome natural arches and bridges in...
- Arches National Park wants to ID those...
- Poll: 66 percent of Utahns support... 51
- Top 10 names that must be from Utah 50
- BYU will buy Provo High School for... 49
- GOP's hard feelings over SB54 play part... 43
- LDS Church hires assistant church... 40
- Sen. Ted Cruz secures second Utah... 27
- Council approves policy banning dating... 26
- Report: Spending on charter students... 21