If we put more guns into the hands of responsible citizens, we can help in the fight against criminals and decrease the crime rate.
For example, let’s look at the Sandy Hook incident. The gun control groups will tell you that had the shooter not been allowed to have the guns, this wouldn’t have happened. However, not being allowed to kill people didn’t stop him, and since criminals don’t care about the law they will always be able the get guns through illegal ways. I believe that had four or five of the teachers at Sandy Hook had self-defense weapons and training they may have been able to stop the shooter with minimal loss of life.
For example, at the trolley square shooting in 2007, an off-duty policeman stopped the shooter before he could do more damage.
In my opinion, if the restrictive gun laws were removed, then we the people would be able to protect ourselves better if and when the need arises.
- In our opinion: Divided 8-judge Supreme Court...
- John Florez: A father's heartbreaking letter
- Robert J. Samuelson: The Olympic sinkhole
- In our opinion: Finding – not forcing...
- Drew Clark: Will 2016 be the breakout year...
- My view: The supergentrification of Sugar House
- Michael Gerson: The Dalai Lama's path to peace
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: The 'bathroom...
- In our opinion: Finding – not... 79
- Letter: Nothing is 'free' 50
- In our opinion: Divided 8-judge Supreme... 49
- Richard Davis: Who needs to go to the... 25
- Those intolerable TSA security lines 22
- On Second Thought: A lighthearted look... 19
- Letter: Citizens have a duty 19
- In our opinion: A social media enabled... 18