If we put more guns into the hands of responsible citizens, we can help in the fight against criminals and decrease the crime rate.
For example, let’s look at the Sandy Hook incident. The gun control groups will tell you that had the shooter not been allowed to have the guns, this wouldn’t have happened. However, not being allowed to kill people didn’t stop him, and since criminals don’t care about the law they will always be able the get guns through illegal ways. I believe that had four or five of the teachers at Sandy Hook had self-defense weapons and training they may have been able to stop the shooter with minimal loss of life.
For example, at the trolley square shooting in 2007, an off-duty policeman stopped the shooter before he could do more damage.
In my opinion, if the restrictive gun laws were removed, then we the people would be able to protect ourselves better if and when the need arises.
- Letter: Peanut butter ban?
- Letter: Pay for your share
- Drew Clark: What President Obama does well:...
- In our opinion: Parents reading to young...
- Ron Clegg: Primary seat belt law will save lives
- Letter: Repeating past mistakes
- In our opinion: Supreme Court rules...
- John Florez: Education is 'app' to change...
- In our opinion: Obama's State of the... 70
- Jay Evensen: Obama must make religious... 54
- In our opinion: How immigration reform... 43
- 6 important takeaways for families in... 37
- In our opinion: Supreme Court rules... 35
- Letter: Not so lazy 34
- Jay Evensen: Leave free tuition... 31
- Doug Robinson: NFL overtime rules need... 26