Congress and our U.S. Senators need to take action and protect women from gun domestic violence.
Current law doesn't go far enough to protect women. As the law stands, women who are in an abusive dating relationship, as well as victims of stalking, can't have law enforcement prevent their abusers from having guns.
The Senate just had its first hearing on the links between gun violence and domestic violence, but much more needs to be done. Congress needs to take action immediately to change the law to protect women from gun violence.
Salt Lake City
- In our opinion: Brexit and the U.K.'s new...
- In our opinion: US v. Texas and immigration...
- On Second Thought: Departugal, Italeave and...
- In our opinion: California considering bold...
- John Florez: If elephants can dance so can...
- Letter: Come together
- Letter: Reducing teacher load
- Charles Krauthammer: Hillaryism: Tired...
- Letter: Shooter's motives 36
- Letter: Carbon emissions fee 30
- In our opinion: California considering... 29
- In our opinion: US v. Texas and... 22
- My view: Taxpayers should call foul on... 19
- In our opinion: Brexit and the U.K.'s... 18
- Letter: Panhandlers in Sandy 18
- Charles Krauthammer: Hillaryism: Tired... 17