Congress and our U.S. Senators need to take action and protect women from gun domestic violence.
Current law doesn't go far enough to protect women. As the law stands, women who are in an abusive dating relationship, as well as victims of stalking, can't have law enforcement prevent their abusers from having guns.
The Senate just had its first hearing on the links between gun violence and domestic violence, but much more needs to be done. Congress needs to take action immediately to change the law to protect women from gun violence.
Salt Lake City
- Disputes over specialized license plates...
- Mike Lee: Change is coming to Washington
- My view: Chaffetz named ‘politician of...
- Jay Evensen: Cuba not likely to change...
- In our opinion: Water, a precious commodity
- Susan Roylance: Definition of the family put...
- Lessons from 'Christmas Carol'
- Letter: Monolingual minorities
- Charles Krauthammer: Democrats use... 78
- In our opinion: Police training should... 45
- Mike Lee: Change is coming to Washington 44
- In our opinion: Wood burning ban... 37
- Robert Bennett: More political... 36
- My view: Chaffetz named... 34
- Letter: Patriots or serfs? 33
- Susan Roylance: Definition of the... 32