10 players to watch during the coming high school football season
Tom Smart, Deseret News
The football offseason has been abuzz regarding an extraordinary collection of in-state gridiron talent being looked at by top programs around the country. During camps, combines and other recruiting functions, Utah prep athletes have made their mark — many of them on the national scene.
Now it’s time for these top prospects to make their mark where it matters most — on the field of play.
The high school football season kicks off Aug. 22 with talent on display through mid-November and the state playoffs. Some top athletes may disappoint while others will undoubtedly rise up during what looks to be another exciting Utah prep football season.
Talent abounds statewide, which makes it difficult to pinpoint just 10 prep athletes to watch during the coming season. Nevertheless there are some obvious names to track throughout the season, and if you're lucky enough, attend at least one of their games.
- Wright Words: BYU QB Taysom Hill talks about...
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings University of...
- Morning links: Steve Young quotes Joseph...
- Ute recruit Tyler Huntley posting huge...
- Felt's Facts: Breaking down the Utah high...
- Underrated East Carolina will test BYU's defense
- BYU vs. East Carolina: How to attend, watch,...
- BYU football: East Carolina in 6 numbers
- Morning links: 'Big 12' cartoon... 53
- Morning links: Utes in the playoff?;... 46
- Wright Words: BYU QB Taysom Hill talks... 40
- Utah Utes football: The California... 30
- Utes back in the college football... 27
- BYU coaches continue helping players... 22
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings... 22
- Underrated East Carolina will test... 19