USU basketball: former All-American Schlott signs contract to play in Finland
Former Utah State women’s basketball All-American Jennifer Schlott has signed a one-year deal to play abroad for Tapiolan Honka in Finland.
“I’m really excited to be able to keep pursuing my basketball career in Finland," Schlott said. "It’ll be such a fun, new experience for me. I’m very fortunate for this opportunity and can’t wait to get over there and start playing.”
She will be playing for head coach Kimmo Kujansivu. Tapiolan Honka is based out of Espoo, Finland, which is near Helsinki. Last year’s team featured Toccare Ross, a standout at Iowa State.
Schlott is the first Aggie women’s basketball player to sign a contract to play overseas since Alice Coddington and Amber White in 2011. Coddington still plays for the Canberra Capitals in her home country of Australia. White played for the OKE Panthers in Osnabruck, Germany.
As a senior, Schlott broke several school and Mountain West records in 2013-14. Schlott broke the Mountain West and Utah State single-season record for points scored with 811. She also set the MW record for single-season scoring, averaging 26.2 ppg in overall games and 27.2 ppg in league contests. She ended her four years at USU with the career points record with 1,566.
Schlott also ended her career breaking the Utah State record for career assists with 436, while her 192 assists this season broke the USU single-season record. The guard shattered the school record for single-game scoring with 44 points against UC Santa Barbara on Dec. 19. She became the first USU player to break the 40-point mark, as the previous school record was 38 points by Pat Montgomery against Weber State in 1979. She is also the eighth Utah State men's or women’s basketball player to score at least 44 points.
Aggie women’s basketball tickets are available by contacting the USU Athletics Ticket Office at (435) 797-0305 or at 1-888-U-STATE-1 for more information. You can also visit the Utah State Athletics website.
- Jimmer Fredette on defense: 'You have to have...
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed as...
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as Utes'...
- Reeling Cougars 'starving for some redemption'
- The Heisman Trophy tracker, Week 8: A Utah...
- At the midway mark, Utes off to best start...
- Midseason recap and awards for BYU and Utah
- Report: Former BYU receiver Cody Hoffman to...
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35 68
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but... 49
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU... 49
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed... 48
- FBS football coaches vote BYU most... 39
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as... 29
- Brad Rock: Utes have their star in... 28
- College football: Utah rises to No. 19... 26