The Clean Cut: Utah couple married for 66 years sings 'You Are My Sunshine' in the hospital
Utah couple James and Colleen Pinegar can't help but sing to each other, even while in the hospital.
In February 2013, James was being treated for a blood infection after having a hip replacement, according to the Deseret News.
Colleen would spend all day at the hospital, and one day, James asked his wife of 66 years to come close to him so they could sing together.
In this video, the Pinegars sing "You Are My Sunshine," a song James said is special to him.
"It's all about caring, loving, giving, forgiving, sharing, helping. That's how our marriage is, and that's how we got to where we're at, I guess," James said in an interview with the Deseret News.
The YouTube video has more than 1,400,000 views.
The Clean Cut is a daily feature that highlights family friendly videos.
Megan Marsden Christensen writes for the Faith and Family sections. She recently graduated from BYU-Idaho with a bachelor's degree in communication.
- Health care system can make dying difficult...
- An 'unlikely father of five': Comedian Jim...
- Clean Cut: '20 things we should say more often'
- Disney's 'Frozen' bridges generation gap for...
- Interracial marriages on the rise, but social...
- 20 things I will not regret doing with my kids
- Growing up in a big family may boost the...
- 7 young musicians to perform with Utah...
- TV is reshaping what it means to be a... 10
- Interracial marriages on the rise, but... 6
- Health care system can make dying... 5
- Walkable communities can help old and... 2
- The challenge of using media to tell... 2
- 'Frozen' Disney World ride plans upset... 2
- How to talk to kids about terrorism 1
- An unusually high number of PG-rated... 1