Randy Dodson, Fairways Media
SALT LAKE CITY — Former State Amateur champion Dan Horner shot a 66 Sunday to win the Salt Lake City Open at Wingpointe Golf Course by one shot over Riverside CC assistant pro Matt Baird.
Horner finished at 135, while Baird came in at 136 and won the professional first prize of $3,000. Chris Moody was second among the pros at 138, while Derek Fox and Zach Johnson were next at 139. Mike Malaska was the low senior pro at 140.
By Mike Sorensen
- Past few days 'difficult' for former...
- Defending champ Serena Williams at Wimbledon...
- Chile wins 2nd straight Copa America title as...
- Messi's retirement from Argentina could hurt...
- Most common names of NBA players this season
- Injured Lochte plows ahead in 200 free at US...
- Djokovic beat James Ward to open bid for 5th...
- Durant, Anthony lead US Olympic basketball team
- Kalani Sitake on BYU-Utah rivalry: 'I... 81
- Sitake not intimidated by BYU's arduous... 59
- Morning links: Colin Cowherd compares... 59
- Dick Harmon: 1996 Cotton Bowl champion... 51
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 44
- Sitake making transition from longtime... 20
- Utes have a lot of depth on the... 18
- Utah football: Williams, McCormick... 18