Chuck Burton, ASSOCIATED PRESS
A week after Utah’s Tony Finau won his first Web.com Tour event, another Utahn, Zac Blair, just missed winning at the Web.com Tour’s Price-Cutter Championship at Springfield, Missouri.
Blair finished in a tie for second with four other golfers and would have been in a playoff until Cameron Percy birdied the final hole.
The former BYU golfer made his sixth cut in six tries on the Web.com Tour this year and moved up to No. 47 on the money list with his check for $44,550.
“I had a good solid week and a good round today to give myself a chance,’’ Blair said. “I just take some confidence from this week, knowing that I can compete out here.”
Blair quickly moved into a share of the lead with five birdies on his first eight holes to go to 19-under for the tourney. But he made pars on his next nine holes before making a birdie at No. 18.
Finau had the best round of Sunday’s final round with a bogey-free, 8-under-par 64 to finish in a tie for 11th place at 271.
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 120
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 38
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 34
- Utes went down swinging in Sweet 16... 29
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 24
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional... 21
- Dick Harmon: BYU's spring football... 20
- AP All-Americans: Utah's Wright named... 19