Chuck Burton, ASSOCIATED PRESS
A week after Utah’s Tony Finau won his first Web.com Tour event, another Utahn, Zac Blair, just missed winning at the Web.com Tour’s Price-Cutter Championship at Springfield, Missouri.
Blair finished in a tie for second with four other golfers and would have been in a playoff until Cameron Percy birdied the final hole.
The former BYU golfer made his sixth cut in six tries on the Web.com Tour this year and moved up to No. 47 on the money list with his check for $44,550.
“I had a good solid week and a good round today to give myself a chance,’’ Blair said. “I just take some confidence from this week, knowing that I can compete out here.”
Blair quickly moved into a share of the lead with five birdies on his first eight holes to go to 19-under for the tourney. But he made pars on his next nine holes before making a birdie at No. 18.
Finau had the best round of Sunday’s final round with a bogey-free, 8-under-par 64 to finish in a tie for 11th place at 271.
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 80
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 62
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 40
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Morning links: Utes land a local... 36
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35
- Guest commentary: Hey, BYU basketball,... 34