Ravell Call, Deseret News
Instead of complaining, Rocky Mountain Power (RMP) and like-minded utilities should be thankful. They should pay not charge, and reward not penalize customers who have rooftop solar arrays. In their small but helpful way, those customers help mitigate the serious and costly damage RMP is doing to human and environmental health by burning coal, which is an extremely dirty polluting form of energy.
RMP could and should be a much more responsible corporate citizen. In fact, they should set a good example themselves by phasing out coal and replacing it with clean, safe, renewable power like their more responsible rooftop solar customers.
- 16 of the most heart warming and feel-good...
- In our opinion: It's time to end the federal...
- Mike Lee: Tax reform shouldn't penalize...
- In our opinion: Disney outbreak sends a...
- In our opinion: Fairness for all in religious...
- Robert Bennett: Obama's State of the Union...
- Letter: Prison nonsense
- Letter: Could Draper shine, too?
- In our opinion: It's time to end the... 37
- In our opinion: Supreme Court rules... 35
- In our opinion: Disney outbreak sends a... 33
- Robert Bennett: Obama's State of the... 30
- Letter: Prison nonsense 28
- Ron Clegg: Primary seat belt law will... 21
- Letter: Pay for your share 21
- Letter: Peanut butter ban? 21