Ravell Call, Deseret News
Instead of complaining, Rocky Mountain Power (RMP) and like-minded utilities should be thankful. They should pay not charge, and reward not penalize customers who have rooftop solar arrays. In their small but helpful way, those customers help mitigate the serious and costly damage RMP is doing to human and environmental health by burning coal, which is an extremely dirty polluting form of energy.
RMP could and should be a much more responsible corporate citizen. In fact, they should set a good example themselves by phasing out coal and replacing it with clean, safe, renewable power like their more responsible rooftop solar customers.
- Jay Evensen: Be forgiving, you might live longer
- My view: Conservatives must lead the fight...
- Peter Morici: African-Americans should start...
- In our opinion: Leaders must do what leaders...
- Mike Lee: Commending Utah’s academy...
- Robert J. Samuelson: Obama's Social Security...
- Letter: Register kitchen knives
- In our opinion: Brexit and the U.K.'s new...
- Letter: Register kitchen knives 45
- Letter: Shooter's motives 31
- In our opinion: Leaders must do what... 30
- In our opinion: California considering... 27
- Letter: Carbon emissions fee 25
- Peter Morici: African-Americans should... 24
- My view: Conservatives must lead the... 21
- In our opinion: Brexit and the U.K.'s... 18