Ravell Call, Deseret News
Instead of complaining, Rocky Mountain Power (RMP) and like-minded utilities should be thankful. They should pay not charge, and reward not penalize customers who have rooftop solar arrays. In their small but helpful way, those customers help mitigate the serious and costly damage RMP is doing to human and environmental health by burning coal, which is an extremely dirty polluting form of energy.
RMP could and should be a much more responsible corporate citizen. In fact, they should set a good example themselves by phasing out coal and replacing it with clean, safe, renewable power like their more responsible rooftop solar customers.
- From GOP convention to Pokemon Bernie: Last...
- In our opinion: Disgusting algae bloom...
- Michael Gerson: The triumph of cynicism
- My view: Algae blooms in Utah Lake
- My view: Prison reform proponents have it...
- Arthur Cyr: Coup attempt underscores...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Shurtleff,...
- Letter: Carbon fee legislation
- In our opinion: The GOP convention... 32
- My view: Supporting Utah's public... 31
- Letter: Carbon fee legislation 29
- Michael Gerson: The triumph of cynicism 23
- My view: More whites should practice... 21
- Mia Love: We are the pioneers of our day 19
- My view: Algae blooms in Utah Lake 16
- Letter: Vote Gary Johnson 15