Ravell Call, Deseret News
Instead of complaining, Rocky Mountain Power (RMP) and like-minded utilities should be thankful. They should pay not charge, and reward not penalize customers who have rooftop solar arrays. In their small but helpful way, those customers help mitigate the serious and costly damage RMP is doing to human and environmental health by burning coal, which is an extremely dirty polluting form of energy.
RMP could and should be a much more responsible corporate citizen. In fact, they should set a good example themselves by phasing out coal and replacing it with clean, safe, renewable power like their more responsible rooftop solar customers.
- In our opinion: Despite dip in observance,...
- Turning back the tide of sexual promiscuity...
- Charles Krauthammer: The world according to...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Convention...
- Letter: Medical marijuana
- Letter: Wolves in Yellowstone
- Dan Liljenquist: Confronting Saudi Arabia's...
- Ralph Becker: Why 'process' matters in...
- In our opinion: People desire fair,... 49
- Letter: Constitutional republic 30
- Letter: Utah GOP divided 28
- Richard Davis: Medical marijuana issue... 24
- My view: New labor rule may harm Utah's... 24
- Letter: Respect the governor 21
- In our opinion: Troops in Syria makes... 20
- Robert J. Samuelson: Why tax reform is... 19