Ravell Call, Deseret News
Instead of complaining, Rocky Mountain Power (RMP) and like-minded utilities should be thankful. They should pay not charge, and reward not penalize customers who have rooftop solar arrays. In their small but helpful way, those customers help mitigate the serious and costly damage RMP is doing to human and environmental health by burning coal, which is an extremely dirty polluting form of energy.
RMP could and should be a much more responsible corporate citizen. In fact, they should set a good example themselves by phasing out coal and replacing it with clean, safe, renewable power like their more responsible rooftop solar customers.
- In our opinion: Keep marriage questions
- John Florez: The people's voices don't count
- A. Scott Anderson: Peace on earth comes from...
- In our opinion: Police vs. protests — a...
- Letter: Distance from religion
- Letter: Access to health care
- Mark Reynolds: Cheap gas prices won’t...
- Letter: Who can we trust?