There are many judges who work to protect Utah citizens. However, I fear that many judges are being too lenient, especially on child molestation cases. Years ago a man was taken to court for molesting his children. Although the evidence clearly showed he was guilty, the judge let him off the hook.
Recently, this same man went back to court for doing the same thing with his stepchildren and was let off the hook again. I believe Utah Judges have become desensitized to this issue. There are too many people getting away with exploiting children and it’s causing the world to be a more dangerous place. It’s a problem that needs to be fixed.
We must let our judges and elected officials know that we will not tolerate leniency for sex offenders, even when the abuser is a family member. Utah’s children must know they are safe in the courts, if not at home.
- Peter Morici: UK should leave the EU
- Jay Evensen: Can Chaffetz fix the Postal...
- Letter: No mandate
- Richard Davis: Is this election 1964...
- A. Scott Anderson: Young entrepreneurs show...
- Letter: Consumer contracts
- My view: Fossil fuels, hypocrisy and moral...
- Natalie Gochnour: Count My Vote victories