There are many judges who work to protect Utah citizens. However, I fear that many judges are being too lenient, especially on child molestation cases. Years ago a man was taken to court for molesting his children. Although the evidence clearly showed he was guilty, the judge let him off the hook.
Recently, this same man went back to court for doing the same thing with his stepchildren and was let off the hook again. I believe Utah Judges have become desensitized to this issue. There are too many people getting away with exploiting children and it’s causing the world to be a more dangerous place. It’s a problem that needs to be fixed.
We must let our judges and elected officials know that we will not tolerate leniency for sex offenders, even when the abuser is a family member. Utah’s children must know they are safe in the courts, if not at home.
- My view: Mitt Romney's Harry Potter moment:...
- In our opinion: Transitioning from coal to...
- My view: The one thing that could solve...
- In our opinion: Increased on-screen violence...
- John Florez: Have students become pawns for...
- Letter: US dollar
- Letter: Trump's delegate count
- Michael Gerson: The Syrian fire will continue...
- My view: Mitt Romney's Harry Potter... 54
- In our opinion: Transitioning from coal... 41
- Michael Gerson: The Trump train is... 36
- My view: Character still matters in... 26
- Letter: Trump's delegate count 23
- Mia Love: America's soldiers are... 23
- Letter: Obama visits Hiroshima 22
- In our opinion: Remembering Hiroshima... 20