In a time when cancer rates are increasing dramatically, the American people still don’t know if Obamacare has made cancer treatment available to all. According to the American Cancer Society, almost 1,600 people die from cancer everyday.
In a recent study, cancer centers were shown to turn away those who cannot afford to pay for their treatments or do not have the right insurance. People should not die because of the one thing they cannot take with them after this life: money.
My mother recently passed away due to cancer. Can you imagine someone you love dearly such as a mother, wife or sibling suffering in such awful pain? Can you imagine the guilt of not being able to save someone because of lack of funds? Time passes quickly, and days with sick loved ones must be cherished. A minute more is worth far more than we realize.
- Letter: Creating social outcasts 45
- Letter: Constitutional republic 30
- In our opinion: A social take on the... 28
- Letter: Utah's water 25
- Don't wait for politicians 25
- My view: New labor rule may harm Utah's... 24
- Robert J. Samuelson: Why tax reform is... 21
- In our opinion: Troops in Syria makes... 21