In a time when cancer rates are increasing dramatically, the American people still don’t know if Obamacare has made cancer treatment available to all. According to the American Cancer Society, almost 1,600 people die from cancer everyday.
In a recent study, cancer centers were shown to turn away those who cannot afford to pay for their treatments or do not have the right insurance. People should not die because of the one thing they cannot take with them after this life: money.
My mother recently passed away due to cancer. Can you imagine someone you love dearly such as a mother, wife or sibling suffering in such awful pain? Can you imagine the guilt of not being able to save someone because of lack of funds? Time passes quickly, and days with sick loved ones must be cherished. A minute more is worth far more than we realize.
- Jay Evensen: An Obama-created monument in...
- Letter: Eroding the BSA
- Richard Davis: Planned Parenthood scandal...
- In our opinion: Time to phase out federal...
- In our opinion: Teacher pay one way to help...
- Letter: Envision Utah scam
- Jay Evensen: Muhammad Yunus wants to end...
- Five principles to help guide public dialogue...
- In our opinion: Trump's statements on... 69
- Letter: Eroding the BSA 50
- Jay Evensen: An Obama-created monument... 46
- In our opinion: Teacher pay one way to... 42
- Letter: Human body 41
- Richard Davis: Planned Parenthood... 36
- In our opinion: Time to phase out... 24
- In our opinion: School libraries need... 19