Daniel Summerhays moves up PGA Championship leaderboard with 68
Jonathan Bachman, AP
Utah’s Daniel Summerhays had a solid third round at the PGA Championship with a 3-under-par 68 that moved him up to a tie for 38th place at 210 going into Sunday’s final round at Valhalla Golf Club in Louisville, Kentucky.
Summerhays, who is playing in his first PGA Championship and only his second major, made a couple of birdie-2s on the front nine, sinking a six-footer at No. 3 and an 18-footer at No. 8. On the back nine he made a bogey at No. 12 before finishing with birdies at 16 and 18.
Summerhays, who ranks No. 47 in the FedEx Cup standings with $1,360,448, will tee off Sunday at 9:35 a.m. MDT with Chris Wood of England.
- The 16 most interesting college lists...
- Red and blue recruits: Inside Britain Covey's...
- Faith and family are driving forces for LDS...
- 2015 BYU Commits
- 2015 Utah Football Commits
- Dick Harmon: College football recruiters are...
- Former Utah basketball player spreads hope...
- Best in class: Breaking down the recruiting...
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 79
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 62
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 40
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Morning links: Utes land a local... 36
- Dick Harmon: BYU basketball must make... 35
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35