Mark A. Philbrick
Standout performers: Running back Adam Hine rushed 11 times for 69 yards and one touchdown during Saturday’s scrimmage. Quarterback Taysom Hill threw a 39-yard touchdown pass to Mitchell Juergens, and Christian Stewart had a 23-yard TD pass to Devon Blackmon.
Quotable: “We saw a lot of things — starting with a little bit sharper offensively than I actually thought we would be. Play-action pass game is strong at this point, protection is stronger than anticipated at this point.” — Bronco Mendenhall on Saturday’s scrimmage
Injuries: Wide receiver Nick Kurtz suffered a foot fracture earlier this week and will be sidelined for 6-8 weeks. Offensive lineman Michael Yeck (broken toe) will be out 3-4 weeks.
Next up: The Cougars will resume fall camp Monday. Practice will be closed to the media.
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 79
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 62
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 40
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Morning links: Utes land a local... 36
- Dick Harmon: BYU basketball must make... 35
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35