Decapitated puppies found in apartment pond, investigation underway
Deseret News Archives
MIDVALE — Salt Lake County is investigating after two labrador puppies were found decapitated in a pond.
The puppies were found Monday and Wednesday in the pond at the entrance of the Spring of Country Woods apartment complex, 6945 S. Well Wood Road. Salt Lake County Animal Services has little information as it begins the investigation. There are no security cameras in the area, and no witnesses have come forward.
"Nobody saw anything. Nobody is missing puppies," said Sandy Nelson, spokeswoman for Salt Lake County Animal Services. "At this point we have nothing to go on, so this is when, hopefully, some one steps forward and says, 'Hey, I saw something strange.'"
The puppies were estimated to be between 3 and 4 months old. The bodies were disposed of before animal services was called Friday, Nelson said.
The Humane Society of Utah is offering a $5,000 reward for information leading to an arrest in the case.
Officials are urging anyone who feels they can't take care of their pets to bring them to their county's animal services center or the Humane Society.
Anyone with information in the case is asked to call 801-743-7045.
— McKenzie Romero
- Jury orders Siegfried and Jensen to pay...
- Wanted Layton man dies in New Mexico plane crash
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts in...
- Alleged sexual abuser on the run for 17 years...
- Which U.S. cities are the best for upward...
- Doug Robinson: Weber State track coach isn't...
- Salt Lake City mayor's spokesman placed on...
- IRS commits to not target tax-exempt status...
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts... 303
- Boy Scouts in Utah, nation face... 141
- LDS Church 're-evaluating' Scouting... 109
- Profane and acclaimed: 'The Book of... 77
- Most Utahns oppose Supreme Court ruling... 68
- Lee takes on new strategy in fight... 46
- IRS commits to not target tax-exempt... 46
- Is report on building prison in Draper... 36