Decapitated puppies found in apartment pond, investigation underway
Deseret News Archives
MIDVALE — Salt Lake County is investigating after two labrador puppies were found decapitated in a pond.
The puppies were found Monday and Wednesday in the pond at the entrance of the Spring of Country Woods apartment complex, 6945 S. Well Wood Road. Salt Lake County Animal Services has little information as it begins the investigation. There are no security cameras in the area, and no witnesses have come forward.
"Nobody saw anything. Nobody is missing puppies," said Sandy Nelson, spokeswoman for Salt Lake County Animal Services. "At this point we have nothing to go on, so this is when, hopefully, some one steps forward and says, 'Hey, I saw something strange.'"
The puppies were estimated to be between 3 and 4 months old. The bodies were disposed of before animal services was called Friday, Nelson said.
The Humane Society of Utah is offering a $5,000 reward for information leading to an arrest in the case.
Officials are urging anyone who feels they can't take care of their pets to bring them to their county's animal services center or the Humane Society.
Anyone with information in the case is asked to call 801-743-7045.
— McKenzie Romero
- Strack family: Search warrants begin 'to...
- Prison relocation process slows down
- New poll shows Love, Owens race tightens;...
- Crash on U.S. 40 west of Vernal injures 3,...
- Mom of Darrien Hunt being investigated in...
- Search warrants: Poisoning suspected in...
- Three amendments to Utah Constitution on the...
- Orem’s most notorious eyesore to be...
- Doug Owens ahead of Mia Love in new poll 59
- Most Utah students aren't proficient in... 54
- New poll shows Love, Owens race... 46
- State autopsy: Police shot Darrien Hunt... 34
- Officers say they shot Darrien Hunt out... 30
- Final debate between Mia Love and Doug... 27
- Prison relocation process slows down 22
- Utah among lowest in nation in... 21