Decapitated puppies found in apartment pond, investigation underway
Deseret News Archives
MIDVALE — Salt Lake County is investigating after two labrador puppies were found decapitated in a pond.
The puppies were found Monday and Wednesday in the pond at the entrance of the Spring of Country Woods apartment complex, 6945 S. Well Wood Road. Salt Lake County Animal Services has little information as it begins the investigation. There are no security cameras in the area, and no witnesses have come forward.
"Nobody saw anything. Nobody is missing puppies," said Sandy Nelson, spokeswoman for Salt Lake County Animal Services. "At this point we have nothing to go on, so this is when, hopefully, some one steps forward and says, 'Hey, I saw something strange.'"
The puppies were estimated to be between 3 and 4 months old. The bodies were disposed of before animal services was called Friday, Nelson said.
The Humane Society of Utah is offering a $5,000 reward for information leading to an arrest in the case.
Officials are urging anyone who feels they can't take care of their pets to bring them to their county's animal services center or the Humane Society.
Anyone with information in the case is asked to call 801-743-7045.
— McKenzie Romero
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church property...
- Survivor of Trolley Square massacre urges...
- Salt Lake County may downsize, close South...
- Ex-judge asks Obama to commute sentence of...
- Deer attacks man in Draper backyard, police say
- Two rescued after falling through ice at...
- 2016 Sterling Scholar candidates
- Driver in DUI crash that maimed 11-year-old...
- Supporters of Oregon occupier honor... 56
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church... 39
- Survivor of Trolley Square massacre... 28
- Meagan Grunwald won't get a new trial... 26
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile... 18
- Woman killed by mixer at Sandy grocery... 16
- Video involving officer whose ear was... 15
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences'... 14