Decapitated puppies found in apartment pond, investigation underway
Deseret News Archives
MIDVALE — Salt Lake County is investigating after two labrador puppies were found decapitated in a pond.
The puppies were found Monday and Wednesday in the pond at the entrance of the Spring of Country Woods apartment complex, 6945 S. Well Wood Road. Salt Lake County Animal Services has little information as it begins the investigation. There are no security cameras in the area, and no witnesses have come forward.
"Nobody saw anything. Nobody is missing puppies," said Sandy Nelson, spokeswoman for Salt Lake County Animal Services. "At this point we have nothing to go on, so this is when, hopefully, some one steps forward and says, 'Hey, I saw something strange.'"
The puppies were estimated to be between 3 and 4 months old. The bodies were disposed of before animal services was called Friday, Nelson said.
The Humane Society of Utah is offering a $5,000 reward for information leading to an arrest in the case.
Officials are urging anyone who feels they can't take care of their pets to bring them to their county's animal services center or the Humane Society.
Anyone with information in the case is asked to call 801-743-7045.
— McKenzie Romero
- What Utah voters need to know for the 2016...
- Poll: Trump up over Clinton in Utah, but lead...
- Two arrested in dangerous Taylorsville chase,...
- Celebrate July 4 at South Salt Lake Freedom...
- Logan toddler killed in driveway accident...
- UTA offers late TRAX, S-Line service for Utah...
- Dam project forces closure of Tibble Fork area
- Two arrested for allegedly siccing pit bull...
- Immigration ruling called hurtful, a... 75
- Nearly 70 percent of Utahns say Donald... 62
- Poll: Trump up over Clinton in Utah,... 43
- Love won't go to GOP national convention 28
- ACLU sues the state over inadequate... 26
- Utah GOP brings up father's bank... 25
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 25
- Rio Grande neighborhood 'more unsafe... 21