Decapitated puppies found in apartment pond, investigation underway
Deseret News Archives
MIDVALE — Salt Lake County is investigating after two labrador puppies were found decapitated in a pond.
The puppies were found Monday and Wednesday in the pond at the entrance of the Spring of Country Woods apartment complex, 6945 S. Well Wood Road. Salt Lake County Animal Services has little information as it begins the investigation. There are no security cameras in the area, and no witnesses have come forward.
"Nobody saw anything. Nobody is missing puppies," said Sandy Nelson, spokeswoman for Salt Lake County Animal Services. "At this point we have nothing to go on, so this is when, hopefully, some one steps forward and says, 'Hey, I saw something strange.'"
The puppies were estimated to be between 3 and 4 months old. The bodies were disposed of before animal services was called Friday, Nelson said.
The Humane Society of Utah is offering a $5,000 reward for information leading to an arrest in the case.
Officials are urging anyone who feels they can't take care of their pets to bring them to their county's animal services center or the Humane Society.
Anyone with information in the case is asked to call 801-743-7045.
— McKenzie Romero
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Ballet West artists prepare original works...
- Drug deal messages pop up on tablet parents...
- YouTube star Stuart Edge hopes to inspire...
- Former Springville High student arrested for...
- Two suffer minor injuries in gyrocopter crash...
- Intermountain Healthcare taps new CEO
- Utah man held 1,164 days in jail... 37
- 'Dirty soda' lawsuit calls shop's... 22
- Former Utah Gov. Mike Leavitt advising... 20
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue... 19
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 17
- National conservative group backs... 17
- Are you willing to pay a fee to use... 16
- Sutherland Institute looks to broaden... 15