Felipe Dana, AP
Jaime, who is 27 years old, scored 44 goals in 123 games with Union Espanola, of Chile's top soccer league. Lagerwey said he will be a designated player, or DP, due to his high transfer fee.
Lagerwey also said RSL has been scouting him for a few years.
"He's an attacking player who can play either role up top," Lagerwey told Bill Riley. "He's a very hard-working, versatile player, and we're excited to add him."
Jaime seems just as excited to come, not just to Major League Soccer, but to RSL, specifically.
I'm going to a club that has the same philosophy as (Union Espanola coach) Jose Luis (Sierra), that's what surprised me most," Jamie said in an interview with Union Espanola's website, translated and published by RSL Soapbox.
"I had the opportunity to speak with the coach, and they are of the idea that the team doesn't have a single star, rather that the star is the whole team, so that is important to me, because I'm going to an institution that has the same characteristics as Union, and that's very important."
It's unclear how soon Jaime will join the team, depending on how long it takes him to acquire a visa, Lagerwey said.
- Former Utah basketball player spreads hope...
- Utah secures commitments from two of Utah...
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start employing...
- Report: ACC changes stance, now considers BYU...
- Utah's first family of boxing loses one of...
- Morning links: Austin Collie denies report he...
- High school football: Riverton coach Mike...
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit after ACC...
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 65
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 46
- Tyler Haws vows BYU will turn it around... 41
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 38
- Morning links: Utes land a local... 36
- Dick Harmon: BYU basketball must make... 35
- Guest commentary: Hey, BYU basketball,... 34
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 33