Felipe Dana, AP
Jaime, who is 27 years old, scored 44 goals in 123 games with Union Espanola, of Chile's top soccer league. Lagerwey said he will be a designated player, or DP, due to his high transfer fee.
Lagerwey also said RSL has been scouting him for a few years.
"He's an attacking player who can play either role up top," Lagerwey told Bill Riley. "He's a very hard-working, versatile player, and we're excited to add him."
Jaime seems just as excited to come, not just to Major League Soccer, but to RSL, specifically.
I'm going to a club that has the same philosophy as (Union Espanola coach) Jose Luis (Sierra), that's what surprised me most," Jamie said in an interview with Union Espanola's website, translated and published by RSL Soapbox.
"I had the opportunity to speak with the coach, and they are of the idea that the team doesn't have a single star, rather that the star is the whole team, so that is important to me, because I'm going to an institution that has the same characteristics as Union, and that's very important."
It's unclear how soon Jaime will join the team, depending on how long it takes him to acquire a visa, Lagerwey said.
- Deseret News podcast: 2016 NBA draft preview
- A look at how freshmen have fared with NBA...
- High school softball: A closer look at this...
- New Rome mayor maintains opposition to 2024...
- Former NBA MVP Derrick Rose traded from Bulls...
- NHL coming to Las Vegas; New team to start...
- Massive crowd engulfs Cleveland, champion...
- Chile beats Colombia 2-0 to return to Copa...
- Morning links: Athlon ranks Utah FBS... 89
- Never on Sunday: BYU won't compete on... 75
- Utah Jazz to acquire Indiana Pacers PG... 37
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 27
- Morning links: ESPN analysts critical... 26
- Utah basketball: Poeltl taken by... 16
- Brad Rock: Jazz move up playoff... 14
- Families grapple with the pressure to... 14