The Clean Cut: Christian artist encourages viewers to show Christ's love and 'Do Something'
Christian artist Matthew West has been on a journey of telling inspirational stories through song, and one of his latest songs, "Do Something," has struck a chord with many.
Inspired by a 20-year-old college student who started her own orphanage in Uganda after fighting the government for custody of 40 children, West was inspired to convey this Christ-like love through a song.
"Andrea’s story floored me," West wrote on his website.
"Today, so many of us Christians talk so much about being the hands and feet of Christ, but never really displaying what that looks like. Andrea has gone to the extremes to show us all what wild abandon to the cause of Christ looks like. It’s not about talking. It’s about doing!!! It’s time for us to do something!"
West released a music video for "Do Something" in January, and it has since received more than 1 million views.
The Clean Cut is a daily feature that highlights family friendly videos.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Twitter: @Sarah_DNews
- New friends plan to work together to defend...
- 'Attitude of gratitude': 25 quotes from LDS...
- LDS Church releases renderings of final Provo...
- Reader voices: I'm trying to be a Mormon
- Mormon couple celebrates 81st wedding...
- In the Whirled: The good Mormon Democrat
- Faith leaders leave Vatican with high hopes...
- Capturing 'Mormon Faces': LDS mother,...
- In the Whirled: The good Mormon Democrat 108
- Pastors opposed to same-sex marriage... 39
- Defending the Faith: A note on the... 38
- Faith leaders leave Vatican with high... 35
- New friends plan to work together to... 31
- LDS Church releases renderings of final... 18
- Mormon creator of 'Battlestar... 17
- 5 reasons why we want to believe Jesus... 16