Day 5: Utah coach Kyle Whittingham said the first live work of camp was “very good.” The first and second units had about 16 plays each, while the threes also saw some action.
Standout performers: Whittingham said that freshman running back Troy McCormick did a nice job in practice Friday, breaking off a couple of nice runs. Defensive back Justin Thomas was also credited with doing some good things. So, too, were linebackers Jared Norris and Jason Whittingham. Receivers Dres Anderson and Kenneth Scott received praise as well.
Quotable: “I think we've been progressing every single day.” — Utah quarterback Travis Wilson
Injuries: None reported.
Next up: Saturday morning and late afternoon at Ute Field.
This glance accompanies related stories and is not a comprehensive practice report.
- Wright Words: BYU QB Taysom Hill talks about...
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings University of...
- Morning links: Steve Young quotes Joseph...
- Ute recruit Tyler Huntley posting huge...
- Felt's Facts: Breaking down the Utah high...
- Underrated East Carolina will test BYU's defense
- BYU vs. East Carolina: How to attend, watch,...
- BYU football: East Carolina in 6 numbers
- Morning links: 'Big 12' cartoon... 53
- Morning links: Utes in the playoff?;... 46
- Wright Words: BYU QB Taysom Hill talks... 40
- Utah Utes football: The California... 30
- Utes back in the college football... 27
- BYU coaches continue helping players... 22
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings... 22
- Underrated East Carolina will test... 19