Day 5: Utah coach Kyle Whittingham said the first live work of camp was “very good.” The first and second units had about 16 plays each, while the threes also saw some action.
Standout performers: Whittingham said that freshman running back Troy McCormick did a nice job in practice Friday, breaking off a couple of nice runs. Defensive back Justin Thomas was also credited with doing some good things. So, too, were linebackers Jared Norris and Jason Whittingham. Receivers Dres Anderson and Kenneth Scott received praise as well.
Quotable: “I think we've been progressing every single day.” — Utah quarterback Travis Wilson
Injuries: None reported.
Next up: Saturday morning and late afternoon at Ute Field.
This glance accompanies related stories and is not a comprehensive practice report.
- Dick Harmon: Presence of injured stars looms...
- Miami Beach Bowl live coverage: BYU vs....
- BYU-Memphis an 'intriguing' bowl matchup
- Gordon Hayward happy to be moving on with...
- Brad Rock: This is where conference switch...
- Tyler Haws scores 24 as BYU holds off Stanford
- Cougars gain a lot over Final Four weekend...
- Utes capped comeback season with lopsided Las...
- Miami Beach Bowl live coverage: BYU vs.... 67
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and... 55
- Hamson and Gray step up big to get BYU... 45
- Brad Rock: This is where conference... 36
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in... 35
- Ute football team has boots on the... 33
- Ranking the biggest bowl games in... 28
- Dick Harmon: Presence of injured stars... 26