Day 5: Utah coach Kyle Whittingham said the first live work of camp was “very good.” The first and second units had about 16 plays each, while the threes also saw some action.
Standout performers: Whittingham said that freshman running back Troy McCormick did a nice job in practice Friday, breaking off a couple of nice runs. Defensive back Justin Thomas was also credited with doing some good things. So, too, were linebackers Jared Norris and Jason Whittingham. Receivers Dres Anderson and Kenneth Scott received praise as well.
Quotable: “I think we've been progressing every single day.” — Utah quarterback Travis Wilson
Injuries: None reported.
Next up: Saturday morning and late afternoon at Ute Field.
This glance accompanies related stories and is not a comprehensive practice report.
- Froome crashes in Tour, finishes stage with...
- Former NFL coach Dennis Green dies at 67
- Warriors' Draymond Green settles assault case...
- Blame game follows NBA's removal of Charlotte...
- Froome keeps lead intact, set to secure 3rd...
- Ready or Not: Rio Olympics open doors at...
- 20 years ago: Palacios defends marathon title
- IOC leaders stop short of complete ban on...
- BYU football: Certain games on the... 102
- Morning links: National college... 98
- Report: Tom Holmoe tells Big 12 he's... 81
- Morning links: Utah Jazz on the rise;... 36
- BYU football coaching staff upbeat... 34
- Former BYU QB Max Hall confronts... 31
- Former BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall says... 10
- Blame game follows NBA's removal of... 7