Have you ever felt insecure in your home, or that it lacks privacy? I don't blame you if you have. In Utah, new homes are not required to be fenced. It is a big safety hazard not to have a fence around your house, especially if you have animals or small children. Without fences, anyone can walk up to your property and steal from your backyard.
I am living with a friend right now and she is going through the long process of installing a fence. My friend has been working on it for almost a month and still nothing has happened. There are significant HOA and city requirements that builders can navigate easily, but that are much more difficult for a homeowner. I understand that we Americans like to make our own decisions, but some things are just better for everybody.
With a fence, you are more protected, you have more privacy and your kids and animals will be able to run around the backyard without you worrying. I think that Utah municipalities should require fences to be built for all new homes.
- Doug Robinson: Making sense of retired...
- Who said it: Reagan or Clinton?
- Jay Evensen: Forest Service photo rules are...
- Janna Darnelle: Redefining marriage hurts...
- 5 reasons Mitt Romney will probably run for...
- Letter: Sluggish global warming
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: For my grandpa
- Letter: Campaign disservice
- Janna Darnelle: Redefining marriage... 107
- 5 reasons Mitt Romney will probably run... 67
- John Hoffmire: Save capitalism by... 47
- In our opinion: Here's how the Obama... 41
- Drew Clark: Either view of marriage... 40
- Robert Bennett: Make climate... 30
- Letter: Enforcing the dress code 30
- Letter: Sluggish global warming 30