Hugh Carey, Deseret News
Day 4: Utah coach Kyle Whittingham said Thursday’s practice was the “best in camp.” After three days on the artificial turf at Rice-Eccles Stadium because of wet grass, the team was finally able to practice at Ute Field.
Standout performers: Whittingham said that running backs Devontae Booker and Bubba Poole had nice days and ripped off some big runs. Wide receiver Dres Anderson also drew praise, as did safeties Brian Blechen and Tevin Carter. Whittingham added that defensive tackle Lowell Lotulelei shows a lot of promise.
Quotable: “We’ve helped ourself tremendously with this last recruiting class across the board.” — Utah coach Kyle Whittingham
Injuries: Offensive lineman Jeremiah Poutasi wore a cast on his left arm as a preventative measure to protect a bruise.
Next up: Friday morning at Ute Field.
This glance accompanies related stories and is not a comprehensive practice report.
- Past few days 'difficult' for former...
- Defending champ Serena Williams at Wimbledon...
- Chile wins 2nd straight Copa America title as...
- Messi's retirement from Argentina could hurt...
- Most common names of NBA players this season
- Injured Lochte plows ahead in 200 free at US...
- Djokovic beat James Ward to open bid for 5th...
- Durant, Anthony lead US Olympic basketball team
- Kalani Sitake on BYU-Utah rivalry: 'I... 79
- Morning links: Colin Cowherd compares... 64
- Sitake not intimidated by BYU's arduous... 59
- Dick Harmon: 1996 Cotton Bowl champion... 51
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 44
- 10 takeaways from BYU football media day 30
- Who will be BYU's starting quarterback?... 24
- Utah football: Williams, McCormick... 22