Hugh Carey, Deseret News
Day 4: Utah coach Kyle Whittingham said Thursday’s practice was the “best in camp.” After three days on the artificial turf at Rice-Eccles Stadium because of wet grass, the team was finally able to practice at Ute Field.
Standout performers: Whittingham said that running backs Devontae Booker and Bubba Poole had nice days and ripped off some big runs. Wide receiver Dres Anderson also drew praise, as did safeties Brian Blechen and Tevin Carter. Whittingham added that defensive tackle Lowell Lotulelei shows a lot of promise.
Quotable: “We’ve helped ourself tremendously with this last recruiting class across the board.” — Utah coach Kyle Whittingham
Injuries: Offensive lineman Jeremiah Poutasi wore a cast on his left arm as a preventative measure to protect a bruise.
Next up: Friday morning at Ute Field.
This glance accompanies related stories and is not a comprehensive practice report.
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not going...
- Brady Poppinga: Confronting an unlikely opponent
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl game brawl
- Video: Former USU running back Robert...
- Jazz rookie Dante Exum looks like a kid but...
- Dick Harmon: BYU basketball strength coach...
- These 14 Utahns reminded us why we love...
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon State
- Wild one: Memphis edges BYU in... 174
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon... 115
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in free-for-all... 97
- Dick Harmon: Cougar bowl loss kind of... 59
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in brawl between... 52
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not... 48
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl... 46
- Report: Video games experts, BYU head... 45