Hugh Carey, Deseret News
Day 4: Utah coach Kyle Whittingham said Thursday’s practice was the “best in camp.” After three days on the artificial turf at Rice-Eccles Stadium because of wet grass, the team was finally able to practice at Ute Field.
Standout performers: Whittingham said that running backs Devontae Booker and Bubba Poole had nice days and ripped off some big runs. Wide receiver Dres Anderson also drew praise, as did safeties Brian Blechen and Tevin Carter. Whittingham added that defensive tackle Lowell Lotulelei shows a lot of promise.
Quotable: “We’ve helped ourself tremendously with this last recruiting class across the board.” — Utah coach Kyle Whittingham
Injuries: Offensive lineman Jeremiah Poutasi wore a cast on his left arm as a preventative measure to protect a bruise.
Next up: Friday morning at Ute Field.
This glance accompanies related stories and is not a comprehensive practice report.
- Dick Harmon: NFL's Goodell seeks out Ty...
- Questions aplenty as Utah Jazz begin training...
- BYU players endured tougher-than-usual...
- Ranking the starting point guards in the NBA...
- Danny Ainge speaks about career, Mormon faith
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured in-state game'
- Brad Rock: Utah Jazz still don't have the...
- Ranking the best point guards in the NBA...
- Opportunity lost: Utes squander lead,... 285
- BYU takes advantage of the bye week,... 92
- Things won't get any easier for... 77
- Brad Rock: Guaranteed wins don't exist... 54
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured... 48
- Dick Harmon: Undefeated BYU is on... 39
- Quarterback Travis Wilson, Utes... 38
- Mike Leach, the most interesting man in... 37