SALT LAKE CITY — The 3rd District Judicial Nominating Commission has selected nominees for a vacancy on the district court.
The vacancy results from the retirement of Judge Terry L. Christiansen, effective Oct. 1. The 3rd Judicial District includes Salt Lake, Summit and Tooele counties.
The nominees for the vacancy are Patricia S. Cassell, assistant division administrator, Salt Lake County District Attorney’s Office; Justice Court Judge Paul C. Farr, municipalities of Sandy and Herriman; Tooele County Attorney L. Douglas Hogan; William K. Kendall, assistant U.S. attorney, United States Attorney’s Office, District of Utah; and Kara L. Pettit, shareholder at Snow, Christensen & Martineau.
Written comments can be submitted to 3rd District Judicial Nominating Commission Chairwoman Deirdre Straight at firstname.lastname@example.org or Commission on Criminal and Juvenile Justice, P.O. Box 142330, Salt Lake City, UT 84114-2330. The deadline for written comments is 5 p.m. Aug. 15.
The commission may request further information or conduct an investigation of the nominees after reviewing public comments. After the public comment period, the names will be sent to Gov. Gary Herbert, who will have 30 days to make an appointment. Herbert’s appointee is subject to confirmation by the Utah Senate.
- Living on the edge: North Salt Lake residents...
- One man dead after attempted carjacking in Orem
- LDS artist J. Kirk Richards says leaps of...
- Who should pay? City, developer, residents at...
- Pleasant Grove homeowner shoot, kills man in...
- Report highlights earth-shattering increases...
- Lutheran, LDS leaders forge common ground...
- Women innovators leading by example
- One man dead after attempted carjacking... 32
- Herbert, legislative leaders starting... 29
- Mitt Romney tells UVU grads to 'live a... 22
- Poll: Majority of Salt Lake City... 14
- Governor, legislators leave 'baggage'... 12
- Attorney: Woman on trial in deputy's... 10
- Jury convicts San Juan County... 10
- LDS artist J. Kirk Richards says leaps... 9