SALT LAKE CITY — The 3rd District Judicial Nominating Commission has selected nominees for a vacancy on the district court.
The vacancy results from the retirement of Judge Terry L. Christiansen, effective Oct. 1. The 3rd Judicial District includes Salt Lake, Summit and Tooele counties.
The nominees for the vacancy are Patricia S. Cassell, assistant division administrator, Salt Lake County District Attorney’s Office; Justice Court Judge Paul C. Farr, municipalities of Sandy and Herriman; Tooele County Attorney L. Douglas Hogan; William K. Kendall, assistant U.S. attorney, United States Attorney’s Office, District of Utah; and Kara L. Pettit, shareholder at Snow, Christensen & Martineau.
Written comments can be submitted to 3rd District Judicial Nominating Commission Chairwoman Deirdre Straight at firstname.lastname@example.org or Commission on Criminal and Juvenile Justice, P.O. Box 142330, Salt Lake City, UT 84114-2330. The deadline for written comments is 5 p.m. Aug. 15.
The commission may request further information or conduct an investigation of the nominees after reviewing public comments. After the public comment period, the names will be sent to Gov. Gary Herbert, who will have 30 days to make an appointment. Herbert’s appointee is subject to confirmation by the Utah Senate.
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic' national...
- After 8 years with no 'true increase' in...
- About 22,000 items stored as stolen property...
- Seeking social media 'likes' could cause...
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 64
- If Mitt Romney endorsed Gary Johnson,... 52
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 24
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 22
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 21
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17