SALT LAKE CITY — The 3rd District Judicial Nominating Commission has selected nominees for a vacancy on the district court.
The vacancy results from the retirement of Judge Terry L. Christiansen, effective Oct. 1. The 3rd Judicial District includes Salt Lake, Summit and Tooele counties.
The nominees for the vacancy are Patricia S. Cassell, assistant division administrator, Salt Lake County District Attorney’s Office; Justice Court Judge Paul C. Farr, municipalities of Sandy and Herriman; Tooele County Attorney L. Douglas Hogan; William K. Kendall, assistant U.S. attorney, United States Attorney’s Office, District of Utah; and Kara L. Pettit, shareholder at Snow, Christensen & Martineau.
Written comments can be submitted to 3rd District Judicial Nominating Commission Chairwoman Deirdre Straight at firstname.lastname@example.org or Commission on Criminal and Juvenile Justice, P.O. Box 142330, Salt Lake City, UT 84114-2330. The deadline for written comments is 5 p.m. Aug. 15.
The commission may request further information or conduct an investigation of the nominees after reviewing public comments. After the public comment period, the names will be sent to Gov. Gary Herbert, who will have 30 days to make an appointment. Herbert’s appointee is subject to confirmation by the Utah Senate.
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings University of...
- Rep. Justin Miller pleads guilty to...
- Photo gallery: Night skies over national parks
- Pres. Nelson honored by the University of Utah
- West Jordan councilwoman accuses mayor of...
- State responds to Planned Parenthood claims
- Police seek alleged drug money from woman...
- Rep. Jason Chaffetz says he wouldn't run...
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with... 69
- Chaffetz's run for speaker makes... 47
- Utah cites Warren Jeffs as reason... 42
- Scholars disagree whether compromise... 41
- Gov. Herbert says latest Medicaid... 29
- State responds to Planned Parenthood... 28
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings... 27
- Proposal calls for 900 South to be... 20