SALT LAKE CITY — The 3rd District Judicial Nominating Commission has selected nominees for a vacancy on the district court.
The vacancy results from the retirement of Judge Terry L. Christiansen, effective Oct. 1. The 3rd Judicial District includes Salt Lake, Summit and Tooele counties.
The nominees for the vacancy are Patricia S. Cassell, assistant division administrator, Salt Lake County District Attorney’s Office; Justice Court Judge Paul C. Farr, municipalities of Sandy and Herriman; Tooele County Attorney L. Douglas Hogan; William K. Kendall, assistant U.S. attorney, United States Attorney’s Office, District of Utah; and Kara L. Pettit, shareholder at Snow, Christensen & Martineau.
Written comments can be submitted to 3rd District Judicial Nominating Commission Chairwoman Deirdre Straight at email@example.com or Commission on Criminal and Juvenile Justice, P.O. Box 142330, Salt Lake City, UT 84114-2330. The deadline for written comments is 5 p.m. Aug. 15.
The commission may request further information or conduct an investigation of the nominees after reviewing public comments. After the public comment period, the names will be sent to Gov. Gary Herbert, who will have 30 days to make an appointment. Herbert’s appointee is subject to confirmation by the Utah Senate.
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church property...
- About Utah: Selling bikes the new-fashioned way
- 2016 Sterling Scholar candidates
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences' for teen...
- Survivor of Trolley Square massacre urges...
- Deer attacks man in Draper backyard, police say
- Ex-social worker to plead guilty to sex with...
- Long-awaited Jeremy Johnson fraud trial kicks...
- Supporters of Oregon occupier honor... 55
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church... 36
- Feds say Orem man duped hundreds of... 28
- Meagan Grunwald won't get a new trial... 25
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile... 18
- Woman killed by mixer at Sandy grocery... 16
- Video involving officer whose ear was... 15
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences'... 13