Rick Bowmer, AP
SALT LAKE CITY — Gov. Gary Hebert has appointed Angela F. Micklos as chairwoman of the Utah Board of Pardons and Parole.
Micklos has served as vice chairwoman of the board for the past four years. She replaces outgoing Chairman Clark A. Harms.
"The decisions made by those who serve on the Board of Pardons and Parole are among the most important with regards to our public safety," said Herbert, who appointed Micklos to the board in October 2009. "Angela has served honorably as vice chair of the board, and she is the right person to take on this responsibility."
Micklos spent more than a decade as a deputy Salt Lake County district attorney, where she served as a line prosecutor, supervisor of the Narcotics Enforcement Unit, and with the Special Victims Unit. She also served as an assistant attorney general for six years, litigating felony post-conviction matters statewide.
"I’m very honored Gov. Herbert has entrusted me with this responsibility," Micklos said. "My predecessor worked tirelessly to ensure the safety of the citizens of Utah, and I will strive to continue this legacy. I am fully committed to the board’s vital role in ensuring public safety, and I look forward to working closely with key stakeholders to meet Gov. Herbert’s directive to improve the criminal justice system and reduce recidivism."
Micklos completed undergraduate studies at Utah State University and received her doctorate from the University of Utah College of Law in 1992.
- Smithfield teen makes Valentine's Day special...
- Scalia's death leaves major void in high...
- France bestows highest honor on Utah veteran
- Giant Kennecott dump trucks are sporting an...
- Utah delegation urges Obama to refrain from...
- Logan man killed in Idaho car crash
- Race heating up as congressional Democrats...
- 3 seriously injured in multi-vehicle crash on...
- Utah delegation urges Obama to refrain... 40
- Manti man indicted in Oregon... 36
- Scalia's death leaves major void in... 33
- IRS raids properties with possible... 21
- Lee, Stewart urge action on behalf of... 18
- Ex-judge asks Obama to commute sentence... 14
- State: EPA didn't clue in Utah on San... 12
- Summit County wants rewrite of Bishop's... 11