Scott G. Winterton, Deseret News
SANDY — The Canyons Board of Education has approved appointments to administrative positions in Canyons School District.
Albion Middle School Principal JoAnne Ackerman and East Midvale Principal Alice Peck have been named school performance directors. In their new administrative posts, they will supervise the district’s 29 elementary schools.
Also, Todd Bird, who has been serving as district’s coordinator of student support services, has been appointed as the district’s new juvenile and adult corrections education administrator. In this role, among other duties, Bird will serve as principal at South Park Academy, the district’s high school at the Utah State Prison. He replaces Lory Curtis, who retired last spring.
Tamra Baker and Mike Sirois also have accepted new roles in the administration.
Baker, who has served as a school performance director since 2009, has taken up the charge of launching a new student support services department as envisioned by Superintendent Jim Briscoe.
Sirois’ role as a school performance director has been expanded. He now supervises Ackerman and Peck, as well as overseeing the principals of the district’s eight middle schools.
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Area museums help visitors ‘slow down,...
- The tiny town that set out to be Utah's...
- Jim Bennett: One 11-year-old's perspective on...
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 50
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 44
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 15
- Women underrepresented across Utah's... 9
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument... 9
- Prosecutors say Jeremy Johnson should... 7