Scott G. Winterton, Deseret News
SANDY — The Canyons Board of Education has approved appointments to administrative positions in Canyons School District.
Albion Middle School Principal JoAnne Ackerman and East Midvale Principal Alice Peck have been named school performance directors. In their new administrative posts, they will supervise the district’s 29 elementary schools.
Also, Todd Bird, who has been serving as district’s coordinator of student support services, has been appointed as the district’s new juvenile and adult corrections education administrator. In this role, among other duties, Bird will serve as principal at South Park Academy, the district’s high school at the Utah State Prison. He replaces Lory Curtis, who retired last spring.
Tamra Baker and Mike Sirois also have accepted new roles in the administration.
Baker, who has served as a school performance director since 2009, has taken up the charge of launching a new student support services department as envisioned by Superintendent Jim Briscoe.
Sirois’ role as a school performance director has been expanded. He now supervises Ackerman and Peck, as well as overseeing the principals of the district’s eight middle schools.
- Video: How to choose the right helmet for...
- ACLU sues the state over inadequate legal...
- Man suffers burns in costly West Valley fire...
- Body of missing hiker found above Alta
- Documents: Former teacher says he used to...
- Nearly 70 percent of Utahns say Donald Trump...
- Costco begins new credit card agreement
- Worthy of celebration: 99-year history of...
- Immigration ruling called hurtful, a... 75
- Nearly 70 percent of Utahns say Donald... 62
- Love won't go to GOP national convention 30
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 29
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 29
- ACLU sues the state over inadequate... 26
- Utah GOP brings up father's bank... 25
- Rio Grande neighborhood 'more unsafe... 21