Scott G. Winterton, Deseret News
SANDY — The Canyons Board of Education has approved appointments to administrative positions in Canyons School District.
Albion Middle School Principal JoAnne Ackerman and East Midvale Principal Alice Peck have been named school performance directors. In their new administrative posts, they will supervise the district’s 29 elementary schools.
Also, Todd Bird, who has been serving as district’s coordinator of student support services, has been appointed as the district’s new juvenile and adult corrections education administrator. In this role, among other duties, Bird will serve as principal at South Park Academy, the district’s high school at the Utah State Prison. He replaces Lory Curtis, who retired last spring.
Tamra Baker and Mike Sirois also have accepted new roles in the administration.
Baker, who has served as a school performance director since 2009, has taken up the charge of launching a new student support services department as envisioned by Superintendent Jim Briscoe.
Sirois’ role as a school performance director has been expanded. He now supervises Ackerman and Peck, as well as overseeing the principals of the district’s eight middle schools.
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Ballet West artists prepare original works...
- Weber County deputies investigating possible...
- Festival celebrates cultural traditions
- Police suspect arson in house fire that...
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue atop...
- Horse owners urged to have animals vaccinated
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 34
- Teacher on leave after telling students... 30
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue... 20
- National conservative group backs... 18
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 17
- Are you willing to pay a fee to use... 17
- Hatch steadfast in holding up Supreme... 13
- Group targets Utah's public lands fight... 12