Scott G. Winterton, Deseret News
SANDY — The Canyons Board of Education has approved appointments to administrative positions in Canyons School District.
Albion Middle School Principal JoAnne Ackerman and East Midvale Principal Alice Peck have been named school performance directors. In their new administrative posts, they will supervise the district’s 29 elementary schools.
Also, Todd Bird, who has been serving as district’s coordinator of student support services, has been appointed as the district’s new juvenile and adult corrections education administrator. In this role, among other duties, Bird will serve as principal at South Park Academy, the district’s high school at the Utah State Prison. He replaces Lory Curtis, who retired last spring.
Tamra Baker and Mike Sirois also have accepted new roles in the administration.
Baker, who has served as a school performance director since 2009, has taken up the charge of launching a new student support services department as envisioned by Superintendent Jim Briscoe.
Sirois’ role as a school performance director has been expanded. He now supervises Ackerman and Peck, as well as overseeing the principals of the district’s eight middle schools.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- 2 charged in attack on gay men; prosecutor...
- Police: Man confronts driver's ed student,...
- Man wanted for questioning in Tooele fire...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 32
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 27
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 16
- Can police-community relations be... 14
- Rep. Mia Love buying $1M in TV ads for... 13
- Giant algal bloom likely to fuel Utah... 10