Lindsey Stirling returns to 'America's Got Talent' for guest performance
"America's Got Talent" YouTube screenshot
Four years after Lindsey Stirling was voted off season five of NBC's "America's Got Talent," the dubstep violinist returned Wednesday evening to perform as a guest artist.
Now with two albums each reaching the top of Billboard charts and 709 million video views on YouTube, Stirling explained the importance of believing in yourself and never giving up.
"After I got voted off the show, I was absolutely heartbroken," Stirling said on the show. "But I just knew I could do it in my heart. I knew that that was only the beginning."
Wednesday night, Stirling performed her most recent single "Shatter Me" featuring artist Lzzy Hale.
Many viewers expressed their appreciation for Stirling's courage and example by commenting online.
"YES. This just proves, if you believe in your dream ... go after it. No matter what anyone else tells you," Samantha Kamilos wrote on YouTube.
Another commenter wrote, "Lindsey was the one who inspired me to join orchestra and stay in orchestra. From her inspiration I got into a lot of systems ... I got into the city's orchestra and got into honors orchestra and I got the opportunity to go to the orchestra symphony."
Email: email@example.com | Twitter: @Sarah_DNews
- Erin Stewart: Should you teach your kids to...
- After 8 years with no 'true increase' in...
- First-timers and veterans among thousands to...
- Twila Van Leer: Wow! I'm part of history, too
- Wright Words: What I learned from Machu...
- Motherhood Matters: 3 keys to a great family...
- Is this TV show a 'game changer for people...
- 4 tips for planning a successful family hike
- Erin Stewart: Should you teach your... 21
- Amy Iverson: Showing kids how to make... 6
- Wright Words: What I learned from Machu... 4
- After 8 years with no 'true increase'... 3
- First-timers and veterans among... 2
- The Clean Cut: 91-year-old widow... 2
- Twila Van Leer: Wow! I'm part of... 1
- Tiffany Gee Lewis: Lessons from sending... 1