Lindsey Stirling returns to 'America's Got Talent' for guest performance
"America's Got Talent" YouTube screenshot
Four years after Lindsey Stirling was voted off season five of NBC's "America's Got Talent," the dubstep violinist returned Wednesday evening to perform as a guest artist.
Now with two albums each reaching the top of Billboard charts and 709 million video views on YouTube, Stirling explained the importance of believing in yourself and never giving up.
"After I got voted off the show, I was absolutely heartbroken," Stirling said on the show. "But I just knew I could do it in my heart. I knew that that was only the beginning."
Wednesday night, Stirling performed her most recent single "Shatter Me" featuring artist Lzzy Hale.
Many viewers expressed their appreciation for Stirling's courage and example by commenting online.
"YES. This just proves, if you believe in your dream ... go after it. No matter what anyone else tells you," Samantha Kamilos wrote on YouTube.
Another commenter wrote, "Lindsey was the one who inspired me to join orchestra and stay in orchestra. From her inspiration I got into a lot of systems ... I got into the city's orchestra and got into honors orchestra and I got the opportunity to go to the orchestra symphony."
Email: email@example.com | Twitter: @Sarah_DNews
- The 20 best family-friendly movies of 2014
- From Vocal Point to Alex Boye: Top 10 'Clean...
- Is ‘The Battle of the Five...
- 5 things that are changed (or added) in...
- The Clean Cut: How does a homeless man spend...
- Did Disney succeed in creating a...
- Arianne Brown: Threatening your young athlete...
- Should toy marketing be gender neutral?
- The Clean Cut: How does a homeless man... 8
- 4 in 10 new marriages are multiracial... 6
- Did Disney succeed in creating a... 4
- Arianne Brown: Threatening your young... 3
- Should toy marketing be gender neutral? 3
- What Americans think about marriage,... 2
- Is ‘The Battle of the Five... 2
- Education reform efforts need to focus... 1