Lindsey Stirling returns to 'America's Got Talent' for guest performance
"America's Got Talent" YouTube screenshot
Four years after Lindsey Stirling was voted off season five of NBC's "America's Got Talent," the dubstep violinist returned Wednesday evening to perform as a guest artist.
Now with two albums each reaching the top of Billboard charts and 709 million video views on YouTube, Stirling explained the importance of believing in yourself and never giving up.
"After I got voted off the show, I was absolutely heartbroken," Stirling said on the show. "But I just knew I could do it in my heart. I knew that that was only the beginning."
Wednesday night, Stirling performed her most recent single "Shatter Me" featuring artist Lzzy Hale.
Many viewers expressed their appreciation for Stirling's courage and example by commenting online.
"YES. This just proves, if you believe in your dream ... go after it. No matter what anyone else tells you," Samantha Kamilos wrote on YouTube.
Another commenter wrote, "Lindsey was the one who inspired me to join orchestra and stay in orchestra. From her inspiration I got into a lot of systems ... I got into the city's orchestra and got into honors orchestra and I got the opportunity to go to the orchestra symphony."
Email: email@example.com | Twitter: @Sarah_DNews
- The Piano Guys perform 'Silent Night' at New...
- BYU Vocal Point, One Voice Children's Choir...
- 29 of the best Christmas movie quotes
- Seasonal stagings: Area theaters host holiday...
- These touching Christmas ads will melt any...
- More young women are living at home now than...
- Coloring books offer adults something they...
- Charities, volunteers unite to allow...
- These touching Christmas ads will melt... 3
- More young women are living at home now... 2
- 29 of the best Christmas movie quotes 1
- Prehistoric lessons: What children can... 1
- Surprising success: 'A Charlie Brown... 1
- Seasonal stagings: Area theaters host... 1
- Michelle Singletary: Plan for money and... 1