Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — The Utah Transit Authority will make changes to bus service in Salt Lake and Utah counties, as well as FrontRunner service.
The changes are aimed at providing better connections between services. All changes take effect Aug. 17.
Salt Lake County
Route 9 will run every 30 minutes on weekdays and will better connect with University of Utah schedules.
Route 45 will run every 15 minutes on weekdays. The route has been changed to connect with Murray Central Station, allowing passengers to transfer to FrontRunner, as well as TRAX. Route 45 will also connect to route 47, providing riders with a simplified connection from the west side of the valley to Wasatch Boulevard.
College students will soon have improved bus access and more late-night trips to help them access campus, student housing and community events.
The Utah Valley University campus shuttle is being replaced by UTA routes 840, 841 and 862. Students will be able to ride these routes for free by showing their student identification cards. Routes will run every 10 to 15 minutes and are designed to help students connect from FrontRunner to campus.
BYU students will also be able to take advantage of increased bus service. Route 832 will run every 15 minutes during peak travel times. Buses will run until approximately 10 p.m. or 11 p.m. Friday and Saturday nights. The new route 835 will help BYU students and faculty connect to campus, nearby apartments, and shops and restaurants along University Avenue.
FrontRunner’s schedule is being adjusted slightly to improve connections with TRAX. FrontRunner will have a five-minute delay at Salt Lake Central Station to facilitate transfers from the TRAX Blue Line. Dwell time at North Temple will be reduced, meaning that this new delay won’t add to riders’ total trip time as they continue north through Salt Lake City.
Northbound and southbound FrontRunner departure times from North Temple to Ogden will be adjusted by two minutes to improve connections between FrontRunner and the TRAX Green Line to the airport.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Roy home destroyed in fire
- Man shot by roommate in Holladay, police say
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- LDS Church asks court to void subpoena... 12
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument... 9
- Women underrepresented across Utah's... 8
- Brother, sister hugged each other as... 8
- Prosecutors say Jeremy Johnson should... 7
- Audit of embattled S.L. County... 7