I have been working toward my own American dream. I have strived to be a hard worker and student. I am trying to support my family and obtain an education. However, I have not made the smartest choices along the way and now have several thousand dollars in student debt, some medical debt and a little consumer debt. I have been barely keeping afloat, but I keep on trying.
If I did not have debt I could achieve more and reduce stress on my life and family. I have been paying things off slowly and hope for the day I can feel the relief of no debt. I recommend people strive to be debt-free and find ways for school other than loans and to have a savings account built up for emergencies.
If I were debt free not only could I reduce stress on my family, I can help others achieve their goals and support charities in our communities. I learned my lesson and am working to reduce my burdens and make it easier to help others.
Idaho Falls, Idaho
- In our opinion: Despite dip in observance,...
- John Florez: The key to El Paso is understanding
- Robert J. Samuelson: Why tax reform is doomed
- Turning back the tide of sexual promiscuity...
- Kathleen Parker: Karma tastes rich in new,...
- In our opinion: Utah proud to be cutting edge...
- Letter: Constitutional republic
- My view: New labor rule may harm Utah's...
- In our opinion: People desire fair,... 49
- In our opinion: The public health... 39
- Letter: Constitutional republic 29
- Letter: Utah GOP divided 28
- Richard Davis: Medical marijuana issue... 24
- My view: New labor rule may harm Utah's... 23
- Letter: Respect the governor 21
- In our opinion: Troops in Syria makes... 20