I have been working toward my own American dream. I have strived to be a hard worker and student. I am trying to support my family and obtain an education. However, I have not made the smartest choices along the way and now have several thousand dollars in student debt, some medical debt and a little consumer debt. I have been barely keeping afloat, but I keep on trying.
If I did not have debt I could achieve more and reduce stress on my life and family. I have been paying things off slowly and hope for the day I can feel the relief of no debt. I recommend people strive to be debt-free and find ways for school other than loans and to have a savings account built up for emergencies.
If I were debt free not only could I reduce stress on my family, I can help others achieve their goals and support charities in our communities. I learned my lesson and am working to reduce my burdens and make it easier to help others.
Idaho Falls, Idaho
- Jay Evensen: Birthright citizenship —...
- In our opinion: EPA failed its protection...
- In our opinion: Trump's all-inclusive...
- Dan Liljenquist: Charter schools provide...
- Letter: Stimulate the economy
- My view: European view of American soft power
- A. Scott Anderson: SBA — a critical...
- Letter: Appalling attitude
- In our opinion: Trump's all-inclusive... 58
- In our opinion: Security with Clinton's... 45
- Richard Davis: What can Republicans do... 43
- Jay Evensen: Birthright citizenship... 42
- My view: Don’t expand Medicaid... 36
- My view: No matter who pays the bill,... 35
- Letter: Earning his votes 31
- Letter: Stimulate the economy 26