I have been working toward my own American dream. I have strived to be a hard worker and student. I am trying to support my family and obtain an education. However, I have not made the smartest choices along the way and now have several thousand dollars in student debt, some medical debt and a little consumer debt. I have been barely keeping afloat, but I keep on trying.
If I did not have debt I could achieve more and reduce stress on my life and family. I have been paying things off slowly and hope for the day I can feel the relief of no debt. I recommend people strive to be debt-free and find ways for school other than loans and to have a savings account built up for emergencies.
If I were debt free not only could I reduce stress on my family, I can help others achieve their goals and support charities in our communities. I learned my lesson and am working to reduce my burdens and make it easier to help others.
Idaho Falls, Idaho
- In our opinion: U.S. needs immigration...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Hospitality...
- In our opinion: Thankfully speaking —...
- My view: Remembering JFK 51 years later
- Letter: Acting on immigration
- How America feels about Mitt Romney right now
- Drew Clark: Interfaith conference at Vatican...
- Letter: King Obama
- In our opinion: U.S. needs immigration... 68
- Dan Liljenquist: Obamacare was a rude... 61
- Letter: Growing party divide 53
- Michael Gerson: Obama’s executive... 46
- Letter: Acting on immigration 44
- How America feels about Mitt Romney... 40
- In our opinion: When it comes to... 40
- My view: Global warming needs free market 26