I have been working toward my own American dream. I have strived to be a hard worker and student. I am trying to support my family and obtain an education. However, I have not made the smartest choices along the way and now have several thousand dollars in student debt, some medical debt and a little consumer debt. I have been barely keeping afloat, but I keep on trying.
If I did not have debt I could achieve more and reduce stress on my life and family. I have been paying things off slowly and hope for the day I can feel the relief of no debt. I recommend people strive to be debt-free and find ways for school other than loans and to have a savings account built up for emergencies.
If I were debt free not only could I reduce stress on my family, I can help others achieve their goals and support charities in our communities. I learned my lesson and am working to reduce my burdens and make it easier to help others.
Idaho Falls, Idaho
- In our opinion: Finding – not forcing...
- In our opinion: A social media enabled...
- John Hoffmire: Does aid work? Markets, big...
- Derek B. Miller: Utah's economic development...
- Letter: Nothing is 'free'
- Letter: Citizens have a duty
- In our opinion: Tragedy in Aleppo should...
- My view: Waste, fraud in education hammering...
- In our opinion: Finding – not... 84
- My view: A de-sexed society is a... 61
- Letter: Nothing is 'free' 57
- My view: Mitt Romney's Harry Potter... 43
- Orrin Hatch: My meeting with Supreme... 41
- Richard Davis: Who needs to go to the... 37
- In our opinion: A social media enabled... 22
- Jay Evensen: Like it or not, politics... 22