The number of babies and children being left in hot cars increasingly disturbs me. Whether by accident or not, the caregiver in charge of these precious lives should be held accountable.
I've raised three children of my own and baby sat others for several years. I find it not only difficult but impossible to believe that someone can "forget" a child left somewhere, particularly in a hot car. With so many stories surfacing, the public should be aware of the danger in doing so. These children need to be protected.
There should be a law specifically for this situation and each caregiver should be prosecuted. Manslaughter would be a just punishment. If the offender is prosecuted, maybe these deaths would become a thing of the past. Let's fight for our children.
- 5 reasons Mitt Romney will probably run for...
- Janna Darnell: Redefining marriage hurts...
- In our opinion: Here's how the Obama...
- John Hoffmire: How to save capitalism
- My view: Don't make women optional in marriage
- Robert Bennett: Make climate conversations...
- Letter: Dance dress code
- Drew Clark: Either view of marriage debate...
- My view: Don't make women optional in... 103
- Janna Darnell: Redefining marriage... 85
- 5 reasons Mitt Romney will probably run... 63
- In our opinion: Religion in public life... 53
- Letter: Lateralist logic 40
- John Hoffmire: How to save capitalism 38
- Join the discussion: How libertarian is... 36
- In our opinion: Here's how the Obama... 36