Former BYU linebacker Spencer Hadley signs with Oakland Raiders
Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
Former BYU linebacker Spencer Hadley has a second chance to make an NFL squad, signing with the Oakland Raiders on Wednesday.
Hadley went undrafted this year and signed with New Orleans following the NFL draft, but he was released by the Saints on June 3. The Raiders announced the move Wednesday afternoon and waived/injured linebacker Marshall McFadden to make room for Hadley on the roster.
Hadley had 149 tackles in his Cougar career, to go along with 13 tackles for loss, 4.5 sacks, five fumble recoveries, two interceptions and two forced fumbles.
With his signing, there are 21 rookies with Utah ties currently on NFL rosters, including five with Oakland.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; Twitter: @brandonljudd
- Jimmer Fredette on defense: 'You have to have...
- Red and Blue Recruits: The evaluation process...
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed as...
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as Utes'...
- Reeling Cougars 'starving for some redemption'
- Utah Jazz point guard Trey Burke getting an...
- Watch it live: 4A girls soccer semifinals
- The Heisman Trophy tracker, Week 8: A Utah...
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35 68
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but... 49
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU... 49
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed... 48
- FBS football coaches vote BYU most... 39
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as... 29
- Brad Rock: Utes have their star in... 28
- College football: Utah rises to No. 19... 26