Former BYU linebacker Spencer Hadley signs with Oakland Raiders
Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
Former BYU linebacker Spencer Hadley has a second chance to make an NFL squad, signing with the Oakland Raiders on Wednesday.
Hadley went undrafted this year and signed with New Orleans following the NFL draft, but he was released by the Saints on June 3. The Raiders announced the move Wednesday afternoon and waived/injured linebacker Marshall McFadden to make room for Hadley on the roster.
Hadley had 149 tackles in his Cougar career, to go along with 13 tackles for loss, 4.5 sacks, five fumble recoveries, two interceptions and two forced fumbles.
With his signing, there are 21 rookies with Utah ties currently on NFL rosters, including five with Oakland.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; Twitter: @brandonljudd
- Dick Harmon: Presence of injured stars looms...
- Brad Rock: This is where conference switch...
- Tyler Haws scores 24 as BYU holds off Stanford
- BYU-Memphis an 'intriguing' bowl matchup
- Sunday morning QB: Stars and stats from No....
- Gordon Hayward happy to be moving on with...
- Wyoming transfer Jason Thompson makes Utah...
- BYU coach Shawn Olmstead provided calming...
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with... 62
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah... 51
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and... 51
- Hamson and Gray step up big to get BYU... 45
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in... 34
- Ute football team has boots on the... 33
- Ranking the biggest bowl games in... 28
- Brad Rock: This is where conference... 25