Former BYU linebacker Spencer Hadley signs with Oakland Raiders
Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
Former BYU linebacker Spencer Hadley has a second chance to make an NFL squad, signing with the Oakland Raiders on Wednesday.
Hadley went undrafted this year and signed with New Orleans following the NFL draft, but he was released by the Saints on June 3. The Raiders announced the move Wednesday afternoon and waived/injured linebacker Marshall McFadden to make room for Hadley on the roster.
Hadley had 149 tackles in his Cougar career, to go along with 13 tackles for loss, 4.5 sacks, five fumble recoveries, two interceptions and two forced fumbles.
With his signing, there are 21 rookies with Utah ties currently on NFL rosters, including five with Oakland.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; Twitter: @brandonljudd
- Red and Blue Recruits: Examining the...
- Video: Improbable final play lifts Maple...
- Royals Pitcher Jeremy Guthrie expresses...
- Utes lose Dres Anderson to a knee injury
- Live streams: 2A & 3A volleyball tournament...
- Utah Jazz fall to Rockets on opening night
- Kansas City Royals turn to former BYU pitcher...
- Newcomers enjoy BYU hoops debut in Cougar Tipoff
- Keeping it rolling: Utes top Trojans in... 87
- BYU needs win at Middle Tennessee to... 77
- Dick Harmon: BYU's defense needs Bronco... 58
- Misery loves company: BYU football No.... 57
- BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall gives... 46
- High school football: State tournament... 43
- Poppinga has endured dark times before,... 42
- Utes lose Dres Anderson to a knee injury 36