Former BYU linebacker Spencer Hadley signs with Oakland Raiders
Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
Former BYU linebacker Spencer Hadley has a second chance to make an NFL squad, signing with the Oakland Raiders on Wednesday.
Hadley went undrafted this year and signed with New Orleans following the NFL draft, but he was released by the Saints on June 3. The Raiders announced the move Wednesday afternoon and waived/injured linebacker Marshall McFadden to make room for Hadley on the roster.
Hadley had 149 tackles in his Cougar career, to go along with 13 tackles for loss, 4.5 sacks, five fumble recoveries, two interceptions and two forced fumbles.
With his signing, there are 21 rookies with Utah ties currently on NFL rosters, including five with Oakland.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; Twitter: @brandonljudd
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset, but...
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and...
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- Brad Rock: Utah's Travis Wilson needs another...
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to be...
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 86
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 75
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 51
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 36
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Aggies, Cougars have... 33
- Ex-Ute gets gift of life with new heart... 32