Former BYU linebacker Spencer Hadley signs with Oakland Raiders
Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
Former BYU linebacker Spencer Hadley has a second chance to make an NFL squad, signing with the Oakland Raiders on Wednesday.
Hadley went undrafted this year and signed with New Orleans following the NFL draft, but he was released by the Saints on June 3. The Raiders announced the move Wednesday afternoon and waived/injured linebacker Marshall McFadden to make room for Hadley on the roster.
Hadley had 149 tackles in his Cougar career, to go along with 13 tackles for loss, 4.5 sacks, five fumble recoveries, two interceptions and two forced fumbles.
With his signing, there are 21 rookies with Utah ties currently on NFL rosters, including five with Oakland.
Email: email@example.com; Twitter: @brandonljudd
- Ranking the best running backs in BYU history
- The 1990 NBA draft redone: See how a pair of...
- Utahns in baseball: BYU alum Adam Law breaks...
- Rock On: BYU finds another recruiting niche
- Prep sports: All-Sports awards feature 2...
- Report: Former Jordan High quarterback Austin...
- Amy Donaldson: It's easy for this working...
- Utah Jazz: Terry Rozier’s toughness...
- Report: Former Jordan High quarterback... 45
- Links: BYU gets a new commitment; Utes... 43
- Dick Harmon: NCAA's move to speed up... 40
- BYU basketball: NBA draft insiders... 31
- BYU football signs New Zealand rugby... 24
- Sen. Orrin Hatch calls HBO story on... 17
- Morning links: SI features Frank... 11
- Rock On: BYU finds another recruiting... 11