Temple Square to be featured in video promoting Utah to international audience
SALT LAKE CITY — Temple Square, Utah's No. 1 tourist attraction with 5 million annual visitors, will be part of a worldwide marketing campaign aimed at bringing more tourists to the United States.
A film crew for Brand USA, a joint partnership between the U.S. government and the private tourism industry, recently visited Salt Lake City to begin work on a video to promote Utah.
The LDS Church's Mormon Newsroom blog posted an item Wednesday about the upcoming video.
The blog item said the video will include a segment on Temple Square with interviews with some of the Mormon sister missionaries who greet visitors in multiple languages each day on Temple Square and Neil Wilkinson, the head of Temple Square Hospitality.
Brand USA's "Discover America" ad campaign, supplemented by a partnership with Google and YouTube, has boosted intent to travel to the United States by 22 percent, according to a recent study.
- Women hired by LDS Church History Department...
- LDS missionaries safe in Taiwan after earthquake
- UTubers: Returned LDS missionary part of...
- Mormon Taylor Swift look-alike draws national...
- Mormon Mentions: Adam Levine praises The...
- LDS Church leaders speak at RootsTech Family...
- After 3rd round of Hollywood Week on...
- New tools to facilitate work of salvation...
- Defending the Faith: Why the question... 37
- Obama at prayer breakfast: 'Jesus is a... 25
- Obama's take on 3 key debates about... 13
- Bernie Sanders disappoints some... 13
- 'A unique insight': Jermaine Sullivan... 7
- Maintaining faith during LDS Church... 5
- Panthers or Broncos? God does not care 5
- Hamblin & Peterson: Buddhism and violence 5