Temple Square to be featured in video promoting Utah to international audience
SALT LAKE CITY — Temple Square, Utah's No. 1 tourist attraction with 5 million annual visitors, will be part of a worldwide marketing campaign aimed at bringing more tourists to the United States.
A film crew for Brand USA, a joint partnership between the U.S. government and the private tourism industry, recently visited Salt Lake City to begin work on a video to promote Utah.
The LDS Church's Mormon Newsroom blog posted an item Wednesday about the upcoming video.
The blog item said the video will include a segment on Temple Square with interviews with some of the Mormon sister missionaries who greet visitors in multiple languages each day on Temple Square and Neil Wilkinson, the head of Temple Square Hospitality.
Brand USA's "Discover America" ad campaign, supplemented by a partnership with Google and YouTube, has boosted intent to travel to the United States by 22 percent, according to a recent study.
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- An LDS missionary and a Marine: Twin brothers...
- LDS Church releases video, topic page...
- 'Meet the Mormons' box office continues to...
- Defending the Faith: When the criticisms of...
- LDS husband and father is also a firefighter...
- LDS CIO helps LDSTech attendees better...
- Mormon Media scholars discuss church and...
- Defending the Faith: When the... 134
- Can public officials refuse to perform... 68
- 'Meet the Mormons' box office continues... 44
- LDS CIO helps LDSTech attendees better... 26
- Why I stand with the Houston Five 17
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 15
- Vatican alters draft report translation... 12
- LDS Church releases video, topic page... 12