Temple Square to be featured in video promoting Utah to international audience
SALT LAKE CITY — Temple Square, Utah's No. 1 tourist attraction with 5 million annual visitors, will be part of a worldwide marketing campaign aimed at bringing more tourists to the United States.
A film crew for Brand USA, a joint partnership between the U.S. government and the private tourism industry, recently visited Salt Lake City to begin work on a video to promote Utah.
The LDS Church's Mormon Newsroom blog posted an item Wednesday about the upcoming video.
The blog item said the video will include a segment on Temple Square with interviews with some of the Mormon sister missionaries who greet visitors in multiple languages each day on Temple Square and Neil Wilkinson, the head of Temple Square Hospitality.
Brand USA's "Discover America" ad campaign, supplemented by a partnership with Google and YouTube, has boosted intent to travel to the United States by 22 percent, according to a recent study.
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Tragedy can reveal 'the very gold of truth'
- New Mormon Message video highlights how much...
- No more excuses: Mormon dad designs home...
- Mormon youths celebrate reopening of the...
- The faith of a father, written in an old journal
- Can Israeli farmers plant 70k trees, reap...
- Defending the Faith: Columbus among the Nephites
- Defending the Faith: Columbus among the... 66
- New Mormon Message video highlights how... 20
- No more excuses: Mormon dad designs... 19
- New DVD tells story of David... 13
- New Harmony: Viewing the penmanship of... 9
- Church leaders can learn from NFL... 7
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary... 7
- 10 religious leaders you may not know... 5