Temple Square to be featured in video promoting Utah to international audience
SALT LAKE CITY — Temple Square, Utah's No. 1 tourist attraction with 5 million annual visitors, will be part of a worldwide marketing campaign aimed at bringing more tourists to the United States.
A film crew for Brand USA, a joint partnership between the U.S. government and the private tourism industry, recently visited Salt Lake City to begin work on a video to promote Utah.
The LDS Church's Mormon Newsroom blog posted an item Wednesday about the upcoming video.
The blog item said the video will include a segment on Temple Square with interviews with some of the Mormon sister missionaries who greet visitors in multiple languages each day on Temple Square and Neil Wilkinson, the head of Temple Square Hospitality.
Brand USA's "Discover America" ad campaign, supplemented by a partnership with Google and YouTube, has boosted intent to travel to the United States by 22 percent, according to a recent study.
- Changing fields: Returned missionary college...
- Sheri Dew and Noelle Pikus-Pace arm wrestle...
- LDS Church publishes two new essays on past...
- 'Meet the Mormons' reaches $4.5 million mark,...
- LDS Church releases video about suicide...
- Defending the Faith: Some things are more...
- Utahns support bill making clear clergy don't...
- Utah family adopts 2 newborns 6 weeks apart
- Utahns support bill making clear clergy... 123
- Two Christian ministers refuse to... 116
- LDS Church publishes two new essays on... 53
- Defending the Faith: Some things are... 37
- California orders churches, others to... 25
- 'Meet the Mormons' reaches $4.5 million... 19
- LDS Church releases video about suicide... 11
- Utah family adopts 2 newborns 6 weeks... 10