Temple Square to be featured in video promoting Utah to international audience
SALT LAKE CITY — Temple Square, Utah's No. 1 tourist attraction with 5 million annual visitors, will be part of a worldwide marketing campaign aimed at bringing more tourists to the United States.
A film crew for Brand USA, a joint partnership between the U.S. government and the private tourism industry, recently visited Salt Lake City to begin work on a video to promote Utah.
The LDS Church's Mormon Newsroom blog posted an item Wednesday about the upcoming video.
The blog item said the video will include a segment on Temple Square with interviews with some of the Mormon sister missionaries who greet visitors in multiple languages each day on Temple Square and Neil Wilkinson, the head of Temple Square Hospitality.
Brand USA's "Discover America" ad campaign, supplemented by a partnership with Google and YouTube, has boosted intent to travel to the United States by 22 percent, according to a recent study.
- 24 inspiring quotes from President Boyd K....
- President Boyd K. Packer, champion of...
- Funeral services for President Boyd K. Packer...
- After Supreme Court marriage decision,...
- President Packer's enduring legacy includes...
- BYU conference explores what's next for...
- Healing underway in Greek Orthodox community
- Desire to serve: Even a gunshot couldn't keep...
- President Boyd K. Packer, champion of... 40
- After Supreme Court marriage decision,... 33
- Elder Ballard, other LDS Church leaders... 23
- Ten Commandments decision prompts... 19
- Utah senators seeking support for... 16
- BYU conference explores what's next for... 10
- LDS missionaries in some countries no... 8
- Not everyone has given up on God 8