Temple Square to be featured in video promoting Utah to international audience
SALT LAKE CITY — Temple Square, Utah's No. 1 tourist attraction with 5 million annual visitors, will be part of a worldwide marketing campaign aimed at bringing more tourists to the United States.
A film crew for Brand USA, a joint partnership between the U.S. government and the private tourism industry, recently visited Salt Lake City to begin work on a video to promote Utah.
The LDS Church's Mormon Newsroom blog posted an item Wednesday about the upcoming video.
The blog item said the video will include a segment on Temple Square with interviews with some of the Mormon sister missionaries who greet visitors in multiple languages each day on Temple Square and Neil Wilkinson, the head of Temple Square Hospitality.
Brand USA's "Discover America" ad campaign, supplemented by a partnership with Google and YouTube, has boosted intent to travel to the United States by 22 percent, according to a recent study.
- LDS Church clarifies position on...
- Once paralyzed, Mormon missionary heading...
- LDS Church to create new missions in Utah and...
- Pope in blistering critique of Vatican...
- 19 inspiring Christmas quotes from President...
- 'Unbroken' faith: The religious journey of...
- LDS World: Jesus Christ is the solution
- The Clean Cut: Lexi Walker sings Christmas...
- Defending the Faith: A modern witness... 46
- LDS Church clarifies position on... 44
- How would LDS be affected by renewed... 27
- LDS Church to create new missions in... 20
- Christmas without Jesus 19
- Forget Santa Claus, Virginia. Was there... 19
- Chris Hicks: Has Hollywood found new... 16
- Visiting minister urges unity among... 10