Temple Square to be featured in video promoting Utah to international audience
SALT LAKE CITY — Temple Square, Utah's No. 1 tourist attraction with 5 million annual visitors, will be part of a worldwide marketing campaign aimed at bringing more tourists to the United States.
A film crew for Brand USA, a joint partnership between the U.S. government and the private tourism industry, recently visited Salt Lake City to begin work on a video to promote Utah.
The LDS Church's Mormon Newsroom blog posted an item Wednesday about the upcoming video.
The blog item said the video will include a segment on Temple Square with interviews with some of the Mormon sister missionaries who greet visitors in multiple languages each day on Temple Square and Neil Wilkinson, the head of Temple Square Hospitality.
Brand USA's "Discover America" ad campaign, supplemented by a partnership with Google and YouTube, has boosted intent to travel to the United States by 22 percent, according to a recent study.
- LDS First Presidency calls 8 new MTC presidents
- The Piano Guys perform 'Silent Night' at New...
- Tebow’s recent breakup creates divide...
- LDS Church releases 'A Savior Is Born'...
- Lindsey Stirling, Alex Boye, others to...
- New Joseph Smith Papers volume provides...
- The effect of having a widow's mite of faith
- Elder Oaks gives special Thanksgiving...
- MTC missionaries spend Thanksgiving... 11
- Tebow’s recent breakup creates... 10
- Wright Words: Why Thanksgiving is... 4
- A lesson a little girl learned while... 4
- LDS Church releases 'A Savior Is Born'... 4
- The effect of having a widow's mite of... 2
- Pope Francis brings peace message to... 1
- Book review: 'Understanding the... 1