Temple Square to be featured in video promoting Utah to international audience
SALT LAKE CITY — Temple Square, Utah's No. 1 tourist attraction with 5 million annual visitors, will be part of a worldwide marketing campaign aimed at bringing more tourists to the United States.
A film crew for Brand USA, a joint partnership between the U.S. government and the private tourism industry, recently visited Salt Lake City to begin work on a video to promote Utah.
The LDS Church's Mormon Newsroom blog posted an item Wednesday about the upcoming video.
The blog item said the video will include a segment on Temple Square with interviews with some of the Mormon sister missionaries who greet visitors in multiple languages each day on Temple Square and Neil Wilkinson, the head of Temple Square Hospitality.
Brand USA's "Discover America" ad campaign, supplemented by a partnership with Google and YouTube, has boosted intent to travel to the United States by 22 percent, according to a recent study.
- LDS Church will continue Boy Scout program
- 8 interesting facts about the Toronto Ontario...
- Recently vandalized Fort Collins Colorado...
- LDS Church releases statement after vandals...
- Defending the Faith: Parallels between Lehite...
- Alzheimer's, fall claim life of Elder Keith...
- How serving an LDS mission prepared me for...
- Mormon woman will be first female West Point...
- LDS Church will continue Boy Scout program 243
- Marching band not allowed to perform... 104
- LDS Church releases statement after... 27
- Defending the Faith: Parallels between... 25
- Mormon woman will be first female West... 16
- This is even more evidence that Jesus... 8
- Alzheimer's, fall claim life of Elder... 7
- One organization demands 25 public... 7