Singer Sandra Turley’s debut CD “On Broadway” shared some of her favorite songs from Broadway as she saw the stories from her life in the songs, from light and fun tunes to more serious ones.
Turley, who spent 3½ years performing on Broadway, including the role of Cosette in “Les Miserables,” shares 10 more songs in her recent CD titled “Inside My Soul” that are deeper and thoughtful.
“My soul finds truth in words that speak of the significance of our earthly family as well as the certainty of our loving Father in Heaven,” Turley writes.
There are Broadway songs, including “Over the Rainbow” and the “Defying Gravity” medley from “The Wizard of Oz” and “Wicked,” respectively, with pianist Josh Wright, “No One is Alone” from “Into the Woods” and “Endless Night” from “The Lion King” stage musical. (Turley also lends her voice as one of the back-up singers in “Endless Night.”)
Turley also shares the heartfelt pleas in “God Help the Outcasts,” from Disney’s “Hunchback of Notre Dame,” and “Only Hope” from “A Walk to Remember.”
The other five songs on the Brigham Young University graduate’s CD are centered on themes of time, family and religion.
Rob Gardner’s “We Must Sing” and Kurt Bestor’s “Prayer of the Children” share pleas of the heart to God. “In My Daughter’s Eyes,” which Martina McBride has sung, looks at the perspective of a child to parent.
“Every Season” and “Let Me Grow Old” share observations of the passing of time and what may matter most in life.
Turley’s presentation of each song and her choices of music create a peaceful combination that reminds listeners to slow down and see what may be or need to be a priority in life.
Turley, a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and a mother of four, also presents at Deseret Book’s Time Out for Women and Time Out for Girls events, including several across the U.S. this fall.
A free concert with Turley will be Friday, Aug. 8, 7 p.m. at the On Broadway Academy, 555 E. Main, American Fork, with a question and answer session following the hour-long performance.
Email: email@example.com Twitter: CTRappleye
- Utah family adopts 2 newborns 6 weeks apart
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- LDS Church releases video, topic page...
- An LDS missionary and a Marine: Twin brothers...
- Two Christian ministers refuse to perform...
- Wright Words: A day in the life of Mormon...
- LDS grandmother completes Personal Progress...
- 'Meet the Mormons' box office continues to...
- Two Christian ministers refuse to... 47
- LDS Church releases video, topic page... 30
- LDS CIO helps LDSTech attendees better... 26
- Vatican alters draft report translation... 23
- Why I stand with the Houston Five 21
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 20
- An LDS missionary and a Marine: Twin... 13
- Here's how you can learn more about God 13