SOUTH OGDEN — A man was hospitalized after police say his roommate stabbed him in the leg.
A man, 53, called police around 5:40 a.m. Tuesday to report a fight over money with his roommate at 5201 S. 1350 East, according to a statement by South Ogden Police Sgt. David Labbe.
The man said his roommate, Randy Jorgensen, 60, tried to stab him with a knife after breaking down a door with a sledgehammer, police said. Responding police found evidence to support the man's claim. The victim was stabbed in his lower leg and was taken to McKay-Dee Hospital Center for treatment.
Jorgensen told police during the investigation that he intended to kill the victim, according to Labbe.
Jorgensen was booked into the Weber County Jail for investigation of attempted homicide.
— Whitney Evans
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Area museums help visitors ‘slow down,...
- The tiny town that set out to be Utah's...
- Jim Bennett: One 11-year-old's perspective on...
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 50
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 45
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 17
- Women underrepresented across Utah's... 9
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument... 9
- Audit of embattled S.L. County... 7