Orem police looking for motorist involved in injuring motorcyclist
OREM — Police are looking for the driver of a car involved in the injury of a woman on a motorcycle.
Orem police responded to a call of a hit-and-run near 1300 West 1600 North around 1 p.m. Wednesday. A silver passenger car with dealership plates pulled out in front of a 40-year-old woman who was driving either a motorcycle or scooter, according to Orem Police Lt. Craig Martinez.
It is unclear whether the two vehicles made contact, he said.
The woman then either laid her motorcycle down or fell off, Martinez said. She received minor injuries to her head and stomach. She was not wearing a helmet and was treated and released at the scene.
The woman's vehicle was damaged in the incident and was towed from the scene.
Drivers who are involved in a hit-and-run should always stay at the scene, Martinez said.
"Leaving the scene of an accident is a crime, but it's more severe when there's actual injuries. So yeah, there's more serious charges that could possibly come out of this," he said. "The best thing to do is stop, make sure everybody's OK, and wait for the police. There's never an OK time to be involved in an accident and just leave."
In this incident, it is possible that the car and motorcycle did not make contact, he said, so the driver may not have known they caused an incident.
"That doesn't change the fact that we still need to contact them," Martinez said.
Police will be reviewing footage from security cameras to see if they can better identify the vehicle.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Twitter: whitevs7
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Utah has some of the rudest drivers,...
- Mom battling cancer determined to live for...
- Police: Panhandler pulls woman from car after...
- Uintah County man 'lucky to be alive' after...
- Provo ranked 4th most educated city in...
- 'Amazing Race' winner beats testicular cancer
- Interior secretary promised no surprise new...
- Jason Chaffetz: Mitt Romney is leaving... 69
- Was Saratoga Springs man killed while... 53
- Police break silence about... 50
- Utah has some of the rudest drivers,... 36
- Friends, family, strangers gather at... 35
- Utah, Western states say feds are all... 25
- New definition of homeless would give... 22
- Saratoga Springs police chief calls... 18