Orem police looking for motorist involved in injuring motorcyclist
OREM — Police are looking for the driver of a car involved in the injury of a woman on a motorcycle.
Orem police responded to a call of a hit-and-run near 1300 West 1600 North around 1 p.m. Wednesday. A silver passenger car with dealership plates pulled out in front of a 40-year-old woman who was driving either a motorcycle or scooter, according to Orem Police Lt. Craig Martinez.
It is unclear whether the two vehicles made contact, he said.
The woman then either laid her motorcycle down or fell off, Martinez said. She received minor injuries to her head and stomach. She was not wearing a helmet and was treated and released at the scene.
The woman's vehicle was damaged in the incident and was towed from the scene.
Drivers who are involved in a hit-and-run should always stay at the scene, Martinez said.
"Leaving the scene of an accident is a crime, but it's more severe when there's actual injuries. So yeah, there's more serious charges that could possibly come out of this," he said. "The best thing to do is stop, make sure everybody's OK, and wait for the police. There's never an OK time to be involved in an accident and just leave."
In this incident, it is possible that the car and motorcycle did not make contact, he said, so the driver may not have known they caused an incident.
"That doesn't change the fact that we still need to contact them," Martinez said.
Police will be reviewing footage from security cameras to see if they can better identify the vehicle.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Twitter: whitevs7
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic' national...
- After 8 years with no 'true increase' in...
- About 22,000 items stored as stolen property...
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 64
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 23
- If Mitt Romney endorsed Gary Johnson,... 23
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 20
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 19
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17