Watching events unfold in Ukraine, one has to ask, "What will work?" Vladimir Putin has proven to be a bully with a vision to revive the USSR. He's even developed an old style propaganda campaign, expecting to convince the world of his virtuous intentions and of his innocence.
Is it time to consider trying to unify NATO and present a unified front with military options? Perhaps Dutch troops would want to be involved in helping to demilitarize eastern Ukraine. Perhaps it's too unthinkable.
Salt Lake City
- In our opinion: Divided 8-judge Supreme Court...
- John Florez: A father's heartbreaking letter
- Robert J. Samuelson: The Olympic sinkhole
- In our opinion: Finding – not forcing...
- Drew Clark: Will 2016 be the breakout year...
- My view: The supergentrification of Sugar House
- Michael Gerson: The Dalai Lama's path to peace
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: The 'bathroom...
- In our opinion: Finding – not... 79
- In our opinion: Divided 8-judge Supreme... 49
- Letter: Nothing is 'free' 45
- Those intolerable TSA security lines 22
- On Second Thought: A lighthearted look... 19
- My view: Patriotic Millionaires urges... 17
- My view: Biggest reason for physician... 17
- Letter: Citizens have a duty 17