A local TV news show reported that 4 of 5 Utahns had not visited a dentist in the past year and attributed the fact to people remembering painful experiences of childhood. I don't know who was interviewed to reach that conclusion. The reason people don't visit a dentist is the cost. Even if you are offered dental insurance, the cost is high. Unless someone has a particular problem, it's easy to put off visiting a dentist for more pressing needs.
- Natalie Gochnour: Contrasting religious practice
- Letter: Romancing the gun
- John Florez: School board members must speak up
- In our opinion: Remembering German Unity Day
- Letter: Modest growth
- Letter: Carson’s message
- Greg Bell: Fixing health care the 'Utah way'
- George F. Will: Finding our place in the...