A local TV news show reported that 4 of 5 Utahns had not visited a dentist in the past year and attributed the fact to people remembering painful experiences of childhood. I don't know who was interviewed to reach that conclusion. The reason people don't visit a dentist is the cost. Even if you are offered dental insurance, the cost is high. Unless someone has a particular problem, it's easy to put off visiting a dentist for more pressing needs.
- In our opinion: Utah gun law that canceled...
- Letter: Lessons for Greg Bell
- Michael Gerson: A Senate takeover — No...
- In our opinion: Technology in today's schools...
- My view: Congress must tackle tough issues
- Center that specializes in stories about...
- Letter: Vote for cleaner air
- Midterm elections put a divided America on...
- In our opinion: Utah gun law that... 148
- Greg Bell: Lessons learned form the... 87
- In our opinion: New conservative war on... 53
- In our opinion: Where has the family... 50
- Letter: What is ‘common good?’ 31
- Robert Bennett: Former Defense... 28
- In our opinion: School reformers should... 25
- Letter: Uninformed candidate 25