Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
Standout performers: Backup quarterback Christian Stewart completed a long touchdown pass to Travis Frey during a portion that was viewed by the media. Coach Bronco Mendenhall said he's been impressed with linebackers Michael Alisa, Sione Takitaki and Harvey Langi.
Quotable: "We're still a little rusty in spots. In general, I am pleased with the direction we're headed, especially at the QB spot." — offensive coordinator Robert Anae
Injuries: LB Bronson Kaufusi (hamstring), linebacker Toloa'i Ho Ching (concussion) and tight end Devin Mahina (ankle) are among players who did not participate in practice due to injury. Backup quarterback McCoy Hill has suffered a knee injury and will undergo surgery Monday.
Next up: The Cougars will hold practice Wednesday, and it will be open to the public, starting at 10 a.m. on the outdoor practice field.
- Risks in climbing Everest in focus as 3 die,...
- Live streams: 4A & 5A baseball tournament...
- LSU's live tiger mascot diagnosed with rare...
- Olympic gold-medal sailor tells of gunpoint...
- A look at Day 2 at French Open
- Lowry, DeRozan lead Raptors to 105-99 win...
- UCLA agrees to 15-year deal with Under Armour
- Atlanta, Miami, Los Angeles selected to host...
- ESPN's Jake Trotter says it's 'Big 12... 147
- Morning links: Broncos like Devontae... 67
- Rivalry renewed: BYU, Utah agree to a... 48
- Brad Rock: BYU-Utah hoops are back... 48
- Brad Rock: This is the Big 12 —of... 41
- Morning links: BYU shirt summits Mt.... 37
- Why can't we be friends? BYU-Utah fans... 28
- Video: 100 days until college football... 27