Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
Standout performers: Backup quarterback Christian Stewart completed a long touchdown pass to Travis Frey during a portion that was viewed by the media. Coach Bronco Mendenhall said he's been impressed with linebackers Michael Alisa, Sione Takitaki and Harvey Langi.
Quotable: "We're still a little rusty in spots. In general, I am pleased with the direction we're headed, especially at the QB spot." — offensive coordinator Robert Anae
Injuries: LB Bronson Kaufusi (hamstring), linebacker Toloa'i Ho Ching (concussion) and tight end Devin Mahina (ankle) are among players who did not participate in practice due to injury. Backup quarterback McCoy Hill has suffered a knee injury and will undergo surgery Monday.
Next up: The Cougars will hold practice Wednesday, and it will be open to the public, starting at 10 a.m. on the outdoor practice field.
- Ranking the best running backs in BYU history
- Chris McGown resigns as BYU men's volleyball...
- Morning links: BYU's football schedule...
- Doug Robinson: Witt latest BYU runner chasing...
- Gallery of champions: All 94 state...
- Dick Harmon: How BYU football team landed...
- Former Ute player among those invited to work...
- Rock On: BYU finds another recruiting niche
- Morning links: BYU's football schedule... 51
- Report: Former Jordan High quarterback... 48
- Dick Harmon: NCAA's move to speed up... 47
- Rock On: BYU finds another recruiting... 42
- BYU football signs New Zealand rugby... 24
- Chris McGown resigns as BYU men's... 12
- Dick Harmon: How BYU football team... 10
- Doug Robinson: Witt latest BYU runner... 8