Ravell Call, Deseret News
Day 2: Because of wet field conditions, the Utes once again moved practice to the artificial turf at Rice-Eccles Stadium. They're still in the NCAA-mandated acclimatization period, so much of the work Tuesday morning involved install.
Standout performers: For the second-consecutive day, Utah coach Kyle Whittingham declined to single out any individuals — opting for group praise instead. He noted that all of the new guys have done some good things.
"It looks like we've got a group of guys that are going to help us this year," Whittingham said.
Quotable: "Each day that goes by we find out a little more about these guys." — Kyle Whittingham
Injuries: As per policy, Utah does not give injury updates unless the player will be out for an extended period of time.
Next up: Wednesday morning at Ute Field.
This glance accompanies related stories and is not a comprehensive practice report.
- Red and Blue Recruits: Examining the...
- Royals Pitcher Jeremy Guthrie expresses...
- Video: Improbable final play lifts Maple...
- Newcomers enjoy BYU hoops debut in Cougar Tipoff
- Live streams: 2A & 3A volleyball tournament...
- Utes lose Dres Anderson to a knee injury
- Utah Jazz fall to Rockets on opening night
- Kansas City Royals turn to former BYU pitcher...
- Keeping it rolling: Utes top Trojans in... 87
- BYU needs win at Middle Tennessee to... 77
- Dick Harmon: BYU's defense needs Bronco... 58
- Misery loves company: BYU football No.... 57
- BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall gives... 46
- High school football: State tournament... 45
- Utes lose Dres Anderson to a knee injury 43
- Poppinga has endured dark times before,... 42