Utah State Fair winner featured in Woman's Day magazine
Utahn Cheryl Phipps’ Carbonara Muffin recipe is one of four winning recipes from state fairs across the country that are featured in the August edition of Woman’s Day magazine in a story called “Blue Ribbon Recipes.”
Phipps won first place in the 2013 Utah State Fair’s Governor’s Favorite Muffin Contest. Her muffins use bacon, Alfredo sauce, cornmeal and mushrooms to make a more savory muffin than ones with sweet fruit flavors.
“I love spaghetti carbonara, so I turned it into a muffin — it took three tries to get it right,” Phipps told Woman’s Day.
Texas, North Carolina and Iowa are also represented with a Made-in-Texas Peach Cobbler, Peanut Butter Cake and Pickled Cauliflower, respectively.
This year’s Utah State Fair is Sept. 4-14 and features more than a dozen different contests. The deadline for online entries is Aug. 29. For information on the cook-offs, see utahstatefair.com and click on “Exhibitors” and then “Indoor Cook-Offs” or “Outdoor Cook-Offs” from the left-hand menu.
Email: email@example.com Twitter: CTRappleye
- A father's bucket list: 10 things I want to...
- 5 underrated Disney movies
- Wyoming ranked third in US in percentage of...
- Motherhood Matters: When there is nothing...
- Lexi Hansen forgives driver who hit her (+video)
- The Clean Cut: Time-lapse video captures...
- The top 10 dream colleges in 2015
- What accounts for the cinematic generation gap?
- 'Maternal feminists' defend motherhood... 57
- What makes marriage hard? These 5... 18
- 5 underrated Disney movies 17
- The Clean Cut: Mitt Romney, Jimmy... 9
- Teens may be even more distracted... 4
- What accounts for the cinematic... 3
- A father's bucket list: 10 things I... 3
- Wyoming ranked third in US in... 2