Utah State Fair winner featured in Woman's Day magazine
Utahn Cheryl Phipps’ Carbonara Muffin recipe is one of four winning recipes from state fairs across the country that are featured in the August edition of Woman’s Day magazine in a story called “Blue Ribbon Recipes.”
Phipps won first place in the 2013 Utah State Fair’s Governor’s Favorite Muffin Contest. Her muffins use bacon, Alfredo sauce, cornmeal and mushrooms to make a more savory muffin than ones with sweet fruit flavors.
“I love spaghetti carbonara, so I turned it into a muffin — it took three tries to get it right,” Phipps told Woman’s Day.
Texas, North Carolina and Iowa are also represented with a Made-in-Texas Peach Cobbler, Peanut Butter Cake and Pickled Cauliflower, respectively.
This year’s Utah State Fair is Sept. 4-14 and features more than a dozen different contests. The deadline for online entries is Aug. 29. For information on the cook-offs, see utahstatefair.com and click on “Exhibitors” and then “Indoor Cook-Offs” or “Outdoor Cook-Offs” from the left-hand menu.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Twitter: CTRappleye
- Do we really need milk?
- Motherhood Matters: What if I don’t...
- Your triplets just got even more special
- UTubers: Imagine Dragons releases new song,...
- The Clean Cut: Girl asks boy with Down...
- Baby's introduction to food may include some...
- The Clean Cut: Christian musician releases...
- Utah woman is a finalist on Hallmark...
- Do we really need milk? 18
- Millennials reject capitalism and... 11
- After more than 6 years, 3 families... 11
- Families need to know of dying decision... 4
- 'Biggest Losers' show why we regain... 3
- Terminating parental rights: State... 2
- UTubers: Imagine Dragons releases new... 2
- Baby's introduction to food may include... 1