Utah State Fair winner featured in Woman's Day magazine
Utahn Cheryl Phipps’ Carbonara Muffin recipe is one of four winning recipes from state fairs across the country that are featured in the August edition of Woman’s Day magazine in a story called “Blue Ribbon Recipes.”
Phipps won first place in the 2013 Utah State Fair’s Governor’s Favorite Muffin Contest. Her muffins use bacon, Alfredo sauce, cornmeal and mushrooms to make a more savory muffin than ones with sweet fruit flavors.
“I love spaghetti carbonara, so I turned it into a muffin — it took three tries to get it right,” Phipps told Woman’s Day.
Texas, North Carolina and Iowa are also represented with a Made-in-Texas Peach Cobbler, Peanut Butter Cake and Pickled Cauliflower, respectively.
This year’s Utah State Fair is Sept. 4-14 and features more than a dozen different contests. The deadline for online entries is Aug. 29. For information on the cook-offs, see utahstatefair.com and click on “Exhibitors” and then “Indoor Cook-Offs” or “Outdoor Cook-Offs” from the left-hand menu.
Email: email@example.com Twitter: CTRappleye
- Condoleezza Rice and Jenny Oaks Baker release...
- We're doing youth soccer wrong: Stop yelling...
- Tiffany Gee Lewis: The books that change us
- Time for an assessment of the year in movies...
- Beat the heat: 33 free splash pads in Utah
- UTubers: Lexi Walker sings 'America the...
- 4 ways to guarantee your kids will have a...
- Matching 'the majesty': Tuacahn Amphitheatre...
- Condoleezza Rice and Jenny Oaks Baker... 11
- Does Shakespeare still have a place in... 10
- UTubers: Vocal Point director, mom... 4
- Where are all the good Fourth of July... 4
- An 'all-American tradition': Fourth of... 3
- Time for an assessment of the year in... 3
- We're doing youth soccer wrong: Stop... 3
- UTubers: Lexi Walker sings 'America the... 2