Kyle Beckerman has minor foot injury, will miss MLS All-Star Game
David Zalubowski, Associated Press
SANDY — Real Salt Lake captain Kyle Beckerman suffered a minor foot injury and will miss Wednesday's MLS All-Star game in Portland, Oregon.
A Real Salt Lake news release called the injury "short term" and said the team hopes to have the defensive midfielder available for Saturday's home fixture against D.C. United.
Replacing Beckerman on the roster will be Portland Timbers defender Liam Ridgewell, who has played in just three Major League Soccer games.
RSL will have at least one representative at the game — which pits an MLS all-star team against German powerhouse Bayern Munich — goalkeeper Nick Rimando.
- Utah State's Kevin Whimpey is an athlete,...
- Dick Harmon: Christian Stewart's season of...
- Red and Blue Recruits: BYU's new commit gets...
- Records fall as BYU, Chase Fischer shoot past...
- BYU football: After initial struggles,...
- Cougars fall short again in 87-85 loss to...
- High school basketball: Tuesday's roundup
- High school boys basketball: 5A team-by-team...
- When it rains, it pours: Utes get... 160
- Utes drop out of national rankings... 93
- Haws, Collinsworth shine, but SDSU... 66
- Branden Bowen breaks Utah commitment,... 48
- Utah football: Utes' annual game with... 47
- BYU blanks hapless Savannah State, 64-0 40
- BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall wants... 37
- Utes on the verge of a winning Pac-12... 30