Kyle Beckerman has minor foot injury, will miss MLS All-Star Game
David Zalubowski, Associated Press
SANDY — Real Salt Lake captain Kyle Beckerman suffered a minor foot injury and will miss Wednesday's MLS All-Star game in Portland, Oregon.
A Real Salt Lake news release called the injury "short term" and said the team hopes to have the defensive midfielder available for Saturday's home fixture against D.C. United.
Replacing Beckerman on the roster will be Portland Timbers defender Liam Ridgewell, who has played in just three Major League Soccer games.
RSL will have at least one representative at the game — which pits an MLS all-star team against German powerhouse Bayern Munich — goalkeeper Nick Rimando.
- Deseret News podcast: 2016 NBA draft preview
- A look at how freshmen have fared with NBA...
- High school softball: A closer look at this...
- New Rome mayor maintains opposition to 2024...
- Former NBA MVP Derrick Rose traded from Bulls...
- NHL coming to Las Vegas; New team to start...
- Massive crowd engulfs Cleveland, champion...
- Chile beats Colombia 2-0 to return to Copa...
- Morning links: Athlon ranks Utah FBS... 89
- Never on Sunday: BYU won't compete on... 60
- Utah Jazz to acquire Indiana Pacers PG... 37
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 27
- Morning links: ESPN analysts critical... 25
- Utah basketball: Poeltl taken by... 16
- Brad Rock: Jazz move up playoff... 14
- Families grapple with the pressure to... 14