Kyle Beckerman has minor foot injury, will miss MLS All-Star Game
David Zalubowski, Associated Press
SANDY — Real Salt Lake captain Kyle Beckerman suffered a minor foot injury and will miss Wednesday's MLS All-Star game in Portland, Oregon.
A Real Salt Lake news release called the injury "short term" and said the team hopes to have the defensive midfielder available for Saturday's home fixture against D.C. United.
Replacing Beckerman on the roster will be Portland Timbers defender Liam Ridgewell, who has played in just three Major League Soccer games.
RSL will have at least one representative at the game — which pits an MLS all-star team against German powerhouse Bayern Munich — goalkeeper Nick Rimando.
- Jimmer Fredette on defense: 'You have to have...
- Red and Blue Recruits: The evaluation process...
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed as...
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as Utes'...
- Reeling Cougars 'starving for some redemption'
- Utah Jazz point guard Trey Burke getting an...
- Watch it live: 4A girls soccer semifinals
- The Heisman Trophy tracker, Week 8: A Utah...
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35 68
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but... 49
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU... 49
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed... 48
- FBS football coaches vote BYU most... 39
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as... 29
- Brad Rock: Utes have their star in... 28
- College football: Utah rises to No. 19... 26