Lindsey Stirling to return to TV show that rejected her
Kristin Murphy, Deseret News
This isn't the first time Stirling has performed on the "America's Got Talent" stage. In 2010, Stirling was selected as a contestant for the fifth season of the show but was eliminated in the quarter-finals after receiving criticism from the judges.
"One problem, to do what you do, you have to be a world-class violinist," judge Piers Morgan told Stirling in 2010. "Because if you don't, when you're moving around, being thrown around and still trying to play, you end up doing what you did, and that's missing lots of notes."
Fellow judge Sharon Osborne agreed that Stirling's performance wasn't enough.
"I think the problem is with you, you need to be in a group, you need a singer, you need to find a group of people to work with," Osborne said. "And I don't think what you're doing right now is enough to fill a theater in Vegas."
Since then, Stirling has done anything but sit back and sulk. In fact, Stirling stated on her website that such a rejection was exactly what motivated her to move forward.
"The same reasons I was told I wouldn’t succeed are the reasons people travel hundreds of miles to see me now," Stirling said online. "Because it’s different. Because it’s something you haven’t seen before."
Stirling has garnered fans through her YouTube channel, Lindseystomp, which was created in 2007 and now has more than 709 million video views. Stirling has collaborated with John Legend and Penatonix, appeared on the Country Music Awards and on ABC's "Dancing With the Stars."
Stirling has also released two albums. Her most recent album, "Shatter Me," debuted at No. 2 on the Billboard Top 200 album chart after its release in April 2014.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Twitter: @Sarah_DNews
- Elizabeth Smart on 'Today': 'Life couldn't be...
- A parent's worst nightmare: When a fever...
- The Clean Cut: 'Duck Dynasty' daughter dances...
- 7 ways to help your loved one when they've...
- Dad makes creative pancakes for his kids,...
- Utah family into film, acting, directing and...
- Salute to Youth musicians amaze audience in...
- Whooping cough is making a comeback —...
- One-third of Utah kids risk becoming... 11
- Elizabeth Smart on 'Today': 'Life... 9
- Health care system can make dying... 7
- Is preschool worth the money? 6
- Whooping cough is making a comeback... 6
- SNL turns 40: 10 family friendly skits... 3
- Linda & Richard Eyre: Does commitment... 3
- The holy grail of community design 2