Tom Smart, Deseret News
BYU men’s volleyball released its 2015 schedule Monday, getting set for another season of national powerhouse competition.
Twelve of BYU's 2015 opponents were ranked in the final 2014 AVCA Coaches Poll, and three reached the six-berth 2014 NCAA tournament.
The Cougars begin the 2015 season with neutral-site matchups with Lewis and Loyola at Stanford. After a brief stint in non-conference action, BYU opens league play against UCLA at the Smith Fieldhouse on Jan. 16 and 17.
In 2015, the Mountain Pacific Sports Federation returns to a doubleheader format, where teams play the same opponent Friday and Saturday. In 2013, the MPSF switched to a home-away schedule, but with Pacific retiring its men’s volleyball program the league switched back to the doubleheader schedule.
Following the home opener, the Cougars hit the road to face UC Santa Barbara on Jan. 23 and 24.
On Feb. 20 and 21, BYU faces Long Beach State at the Fieldhouse before taking a break from conference play with Ball State on Feb. 27 and 28.
The Cougars rematch with Stanford on the road March 6 and 7. Last season the Cougars and Cardinal played four times, with BYU winning three out of the four contests, including the MPSF Championship match.
The Cougars finish out March with matches against Pepperdine, which tied BYU for the 2014 regular-season title, on the road and UC Irvine at home. BYU ends the regular season at home with a doubleheader against Hawai’i.
View the complete 2015 schedule on the BYU men’s volleyball schedule page.
Rachel Hawks is the men's volleyball sports information director for BYU Athletic Communications.
- Phil Mickelson to forfeit nearly $1 million...
- Perfect 10: Cavs stay unbeaten in postseason,...
- AP source: Lincecum completes $2.5 million...
- RSL's Kyle Beckerman named to USMNT's Copa...
- Exaggerator finally beats Nyquist, wins...
- DeRozan, Raptors end Cavaliers' streak with...
- 20 years ago: Utah Jazz drop heartbreaker to...
- 2 Indian climbers missing on Mount Everest...
- Morning links: Tanner Mangum an... 51
- Utah basketball adds Czech big man... 41
- Softball: Utah advances to regional... 31
- Utah defensive lineman reportedly... 22
- Utah softball beats Kentucky, 5-3, to... 16
- Kyle Collinsworth to work out for... 8
- Utah Jazz continue process of finding... 7
- Video: 100 days until college football... 7