Tom Smart, Deseret News
BYU men’s volleyball released its 2015 schedule Monday, getting set for another season of national powerhouse competition.
Twelve of BYU's 2015 opponents were ranked in the final 2014 AVCA Coaches Poll, and three reached the six-berth 2014 NCAA tournament.
The Cougars begin the 2015 season with neutral-site matchups with Lewis and Loyola at Stanford. After a brief stint in non-conference action, BYU opens league play against UCLA at the Smith Fieldhouse on Jan. 16 and 17.
In 2015, the Mountain Pacific Sports Federation returns to a doubleheader format, where teams play the same opponent Friday and Saturday. In 2013, the MPSF switched to a home-away schedule, but with Pacific retiring its men’s volleyball program the league switched back to the doubleheader schedule.
Following the home opener, the Cougars hit the road to face UC Santa Barbara on Jan. 23 and 24.
On Feb. 20 and 21, BYU faces Long Beach State at the Fieldhouse before taking a break from conference play with Ball State on Feb. 27 and 28.
The Cougars rematch with Stanford on the road March 6 and 7. Last season the Cougars and Cardinal played four times, with BYU winning three out of the four contests, including the MPSF Championship match.
The Cougars finish out March with matches against Pepperdine, which tied BYU for the 2014 regular-season title, on the road and UC Irvine at home. BYU ends the regular season at home with a doubleheader against Hawai’i.
View the complete 2015 schedule on the BYU men’s volleyball schedule page.
Rachel Hawks is the men's volleyball sports information director for BYU Athletic Communications.
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset, but...
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and...
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- Brad Rock: Utah's Travis Wilson needs another...
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to be...
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 86
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 75
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 51
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 36
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and... 35
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Aggies, Cougars have... 33