WEST JORDAN — Salt Lake Community College has named JoAnne Wright dean of the School of Health Sciences, which oversees programs in the college’s nursing and allied health fields.
Wright has held faculty positions at several universities, including the University of Utah. She has worked as a graduate coordinator and the founding developer and chairwoman of a master’s level occupational therapy program.
Wright graduated from the U. with a bachelor's degree in health education. She also holds a master’s degree from Tufts University and a doctorate from the University of Southern California.
Wright has also traveled to foreign countries with a humanitarian group that focuses on distributing wheelchairs around the world and in training people in the proper fitting of wheelchairs. She and her husband also enjoy fishing and reading.
The School of Health Sciences, located on the college’s Jordan Campus, also oversees programs in dental hygiene, health information technology, medical assistant, mortuary science, occupational therapy assistant, physical therapy assistant, radiologic technology and surgical technology.
- Boy Scouts in Utah, nation face uncertain future
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts in...
- What consumers need to know about chip...
- Imagine Dragons treated like home team at...
- Body found in suitcase near Saltair identified
- Utah natives receive rave reviews, make 'So...
- Sandy mailman's plea for books gets worldwide...
- Wright Words: Younger sister is living...
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts... 296
- Boy Scouts in Utah, nation face... 132
- LDS Church 're-evaluating' Scouting... 103
- Mike Lee plotting tricky maneuver to... 88
- Profane and acclaimed: 'The Book of... 74
- Most Utahns oppose Supreme Court ruling... 65
- Lee takes on new strategy in fight... 45
- Is report on building prison in Draper... 35