WEST JORDAN — Salt Lake Community College has named JoAnne Wright dean of the School of Health Sciences, which oversees programs in the college’s nursing and allied health fields.
Wright has held faculty positions at several universities, including the University of Utah. She has worked as a graduate coordinator and the founding developer and chairwoman of a master’s level occupational therapy program.
Wright graduated from the U. with a bachelor's degree in health education. She also holds a master’s degree from Tufts University and a doctorate from the University of Southern California.
Wright has also traveled to foreign countries with a humanitarian group that focuses on distributing wheelchairs around the world and in training people in the proper fitting of wheelchairs. She and her husband also enjoy fishing and reading.
The School of Health Sciences, located on the college’s Jordan Campus, also oversees programs in dental hygiene, health information technology, medical assistant, mortuary science, occupational therapy assistant, physical therapy assistant, radiologic technology and surgical technology.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- How new technology is reshaping pacemakers
- Utah crafting rules for spending on water,...
- Utah city condemns Confederate flag display...
- Another first: Utah caretaker contracts Zika...
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- Payson to hold hearing on proposed tax increase
- UDOT plans to upgrade Redwood Road in...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- Friction over Trump between GOP, Utah... 64
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 30
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 26
- Prosecutor rails on DOJ handling of... 18
- Local government board fostered... 16
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 14