WEST JORDAN — Salt Lake Community College has named JoAnne Wright dean of the School of Health Sciences, which oversees programs in the college’s nursing and allied health fields.
Wright has held faculty positions at several universities, including the University of Utah. She has worked as a graduate coordinator and the founding developer and chairwoman of a master’s level occupational therapy program.
Wright graduated from the U. with a bachelor's degree in health education. She also holds a master’s degree from Tufts University and a doctorate from the University of Southern California.
Wright has also traveled to foreign countries with a humanitarian group that focuses on distributing wheelchairs around the world and in training people in the proper fitting of wheelchairs. She and her husband also enjoy fishing and reading.
The School of Health Sciences, located on the college’s Jordan Campus, also oversees programs in dental hygiene, health information technology, medical assistant, mortuary science, occupational therapy assistant, physical therapy assistant, radiologic technology and surgical technology.
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church property...
- Survivor of Trolley Square massacre urges...
- About Utah: Selling bikes the new-fashioned way
- 2016 Sterling Scholar candidates
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences' for teen...
- Deer attacks man in Draper backyard, police say
- Ex-social worker to plead guilty to sex with...
- Long-awaited Jeremy Johnson fraud trial kicks...
- Supporters of Oregon occupier honor... 56
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church... 36
- Meagan Grunwald won't get a new trial... 25
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile... 18
- Survivor of Trolley Square massacre... 17
- Woman killed by mixer at Sandy grocery... 16
- Video involving officer whose ear was... 15
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences'... 14