WEST JORDAN — Salt Lake Community College has named JoAnne Wright dean of the School of Health Sciences, which oversees programs in the college’s nursing and allied health fields.
Wright has held faculty positions at several universities, including the University of Utah. She has worked as a graduate coordinator and the founding developer and chairwoman of a master’s level occupational therapy program.
Wright graduated from the U. with a bachelor's degree in health education. She also holds a master’s degree from Tufts University and a doctorate from the University of Southern California.
Wright has also traveled to foreign countries with a humanitarian group that focuses on distributing wheelchairs around the world and in training people in the proper fitting of wheelchairs. She and her husband also enjoy fishing and reading.
The School of Health Sciences, located on the college’s Jordan Campus, also oversees programs in dental hygiene, health information technology, medical assistant, mortuary science, occupational therapy assistant, physical therapy assistant, radiologic technology and surgical technology.
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Ballet West artists prepare original works...
- Weber County deputies investigating possible...
- Festival celebrates cultural traditions
- Police suspect arson in house fire that...
- About Utah: Others opened the door, but she...
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue atop...
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 34
- Teacher on leave after telling students... 30
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue... 20
- National conservative group backs... 18
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 17
- Are you willing to pay a fee to use... 17
- Hatch steadfast in holding up Supreme... 13
- Group targets Utah's public lands fight... 12