WEST JORDAN — Salt Lake Community College has named JoAnne Wright dean of the School of Health Sciences, which oversees programs in the college’s nursing and allied health fields.
Wright has held faculty positions at several universities, including the University of Utah. She has worked as a graduate coordinator and the founding developer and chairwoman of a master’s level occupational therapy program.
Wright graduated from the U. with a bachelor's degree in health education. She also holds a master’s degree from Tufts University and a doctorate from the University of Southern California.
Wright has also traveled to foreign countries with a humanitarian group that focuses on distributing wheelchairs around the world and in training people in the proper fitting of wheelchairs. She and her husband also enjoy fishing and reading.
The School of Health Sciences, located on the college’s Jordan Campus, also oversees programs in dental hygiene, health information technology, medical assistant, mortuary science, occupational therapy assistant, physical therapy assistant, radiologic technology and surgical technology.
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 42
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 37
- Mitt Romney says family still wants him... 35
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Old West showdown? Freeway cattle drive... 30
- History-making transgender U.S. Senate... 29
- Hal Boyd: Why Mitt Romney's family,... 26