Big Ten-powerhouse Nebraska, Big 12 opponent Oklahoma and UC Santa Barbara of the Big West Conference highlight BYU’s 2015 baseball schedule before West Coast Conference action.
“I believe this is one of the best non-conference schedules BYU has ever played,” BYU coach Mike Littlewood said. “We want to challenge ourselves early in preparation for a tough WCC league schedule. We will definitely come out in the first month of the season battle tested and well prepared for league play.”
In addition to the aforementioned teams, the Cougars open at home against the University of Hartford, have a three-game series with rival Utah, home-and-home dates with Utah Valley University and single games at San Diego State and Cal State Northridge in the non-conference schedule.
The Cougars, who finished 22-31 overall last season and 12-15 in the WCC, begin the season on Feb. 13, with a three-game series at UC Santa Barbara. For the second consecutive year, BYU plays another Big 12 foe when it returns to Peoria, Arizona, and versus Nebraska in a three-game series Feb. 19-21.
Nebraska, San Diego State and Pepperdine, which comes to Provo on March 12-14, are the teams on this year’s BYU schedule that played in the NCAA Tournament last season.
Next on the Cougar slate is a three-game series at Oklahoma on Feb. 26-28. Then, BYU opens its home season with a first-ever meeting against Hartford on March 5-7.
For the third year, the WCC Tournament will be played in Stockton, California, where the Cougars will also play a three-game series at the University of the Pacific.
For a complete look at the 2015 schedule, visit the BYU Athletic website.
Ralph R. Zobell has worked for BYU Athletic Media Relations in various capacities for over 30 years. You can view his bio at byucougars.com/staff/athletics/ralph-zobell or contact him at email@example.com.
- BYU athletic director Tom Holmoe talks...
- For now, odds are '50-50' that BYU ends up in...
- Dick Harmon: Dick Harmon: Tanner Mangum is...
- Jimmer Fredette has BYU-esque performance in...
- After years of working and dreaming, BYU...
- About Utah: A big deal just got bigger
- MWC commissioner says it's probable BYU...
- Local flavor in the NBA (and beyond): Lillard...
- College Football: Utah moves back into... 71
- For now, odds are '50-50' that BYU ends... 71
- Morning links: Examining Utah's bowl... 68
- BYU's big plays, big second half, spell... 47
- Dick Harmon: After tossing 4 TDs, BYU's... 39
- BYU basketball: Collinsworth sets NCAA... 37
- BYU reaches 9-win plateau, hoping for... 35
- MWC commissioner says it's probable BYU... 35