Ravell Call, Deseret News
Day 1: Because of wet field conditions, the Utes opened camp Monday morning at Rice-Eccles Stadium.
Standout performers: Utah coach Kyle Whittingham didn't single out any individuals. He noted that just about every new guy flashed at times and that the coaching staff is eager to continue finding out about them — some really quickly in order to determine their state of readiness to help the team this season.
Quotable: "You'd never know it was the first day with the way the tempo and execution was offensively." — Kyle Whittingham
Injuries: As per policy, Utah does not give injury updates unless the player will be out for an extended period of time.
Next up: Tuesday morning at Ute Field.
This glance accompanies related stories and is not a comprehensive practice report.
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset, but...
- Brad Rock: Utah's Travis Wilson needs another...
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- College football: Utes wrap up...
- BYU's Arellano makes big impact in win over...
- Utah football: Utes' 2015 schedule... 108
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 73
- Red and Blue Recruits: Breaking down... 65
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 61
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 40
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 34