Ravell Call, Deseret News
Day 1: Because of wet field conditions, the Utes opened camp Monday morning at Rice-Eccles Stadium.
Standout performers: Utah coach Kyle Whittingham didn't single out any individuals. He noted that just about every new guy flashed at times and that the coaching staff is eager to continue finding out about them — some really quickly in order to determine their state of readiness to help the team this season.
Quotable: "You'd never know it was the first day with the way the tempo and execution was offensively." — Kyle Whittingham
Injuries: As per policy, Utah does not give injury updates unless the player will be out for an extended period of time.
Next up: Tuesday morning at Ute Field.
This glance accompanies related stories and is not a comprehensive practice report.
- The 16 most interesting college lists...
- Red and blue recruits: Inside Britain Covey's...
- Faith and family are driving forces for LDS...
- 2015 BYU Commits
- 2015 Utah Football Commits
- Dick Harmon: College football recruiters are...
- Best in class: Breaking down the recruiting...
- Former Utah basketball player spreads hope...
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 79
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 62
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 40
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Morning links: Utes land a local... 36
- Dick Harmon: BYU basketball must make... 35
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35