Real Salt Lake: Assistant coach Paul Dalglish leaves RSL to rejoin Austin Aztex
Real Salt Lake is in the market for an assistant coach after the club announced Monday that Paul Dalglish, who has been with Real as an assistant for eight months, will become the head coach and technical director for his former club, Austin Aztex.
Dalglish joined head coach Jeff Cassar's staff in January.
“We are happy for Paul and his family to get this opportunity that he just couldn’t say no to. We appreciate his work with us the last eight months and wish him the best in his new adventure,” RSL General Manager Garth Lagerwey said in a news release.
According to the release, Real has already started the process of finding a new assistant coach and expects to have one in place by week's end.
“I will be sad to leave the fantastic players and staff that have become friends behind in Salt Lake City,” Dalglish said in the release. “They have made me a better coach and a better person. The challenge of leading the Aztex in their inaugural year in the professional ranks was one I couldn't refuse.”
The Aztex will join the USL Pro in the 2015 season as an expansion team. Austin, as a member of the USL Premier Development League, won the 2013 USL PDL championship with Dalglish as head coach. He spent two years as the head coach of the team.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; Twitter: @brandonljudd
- Tom Holmoe says BYU 'excited' that Big 12...
- Poll: Many Brazilians think Olympic Games...
- AP source: ACC, ESPN to launch ACC Network in...
- BYU and the Big 12: A timeline of events
- NCAA: No. 1 overall seed to choose tourney...
- IOC explores legal options on banning all...
- ACC, ESPN extend deal to 2036 that includes...
- NBA moving All-Star Game out of Charlotte,...
- Tom Holmoe says BYU 'excited' that Big... 125
- Brad Rock: What BYU needs to nail down... 105
- Morning links: National college... 72
- Nine Big 12 candidates: The pros and cons 68
- Report: Tom Holmoe tells Big 12 he's... 56
- Finding a Power 5 home for all BYU... 52
- Big 12 Media Days social roundup:... 49
- Annual instate college basketball... 37